Follow

Friday, September 21, 2012

HOT ENOUGH FOR YOU?

IMPORTANT (TO ME, ANYWAY) NOTICE:
Starting next week (September 26, 2012) I will be posting 3 times a week--Monday, Wednesday & Friday until further notice!!  Thank you for noticing this notice.



The air conditioning repairman (God bless him!) just left.  I don't fare very well in the heat.  I don't know what the temps have been where you live, but here it's been HOT!!  We were driving down the coast Saturday night & it was 91 degrees in Malibu at 5 pm. I feel like I have just completed basic training for Hell!

Several years ago, Bud & I took a cruise to Mexico.  The ship docked near a beautiful lagoon so the passengers could go ashore & then go swimming in the ocean.  We went to the lunchroom to grab a snack.  We were in our bathing suits & my hair was soaking wet & was plastered to my head.  Next to us was a man with his two small children who were wondering out loud if the water was too cold to swim in.  The father suggested to his kids that they ask me, because it was obvious that I had just been in the ocean.  I HADN'T GONE IN YET!!  I don't know if I was having a hot flash or if it was the weather--or a combination of both.

I think the heat is too much for some of our furry--& feathered--friends, too:









And it's not just live things 
that are affected by the heat:









It'll take me a couple of days to get back to normal--whatever that is.  How about some cartoons while you're waiting?









I hate it when I get all sweaty--it makes my feathers stick together!!----fishducky

PS--I'm thinking of using one of these pictures regularly on my posts.  Which do you think would be more appropriate?

or
























26 comments:

  1. Get back to normal soon (whatever that is) and enjoy having a.c. again!

    My vote goes for the Out Of Order sign...and if you don't use it I might!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Feel free to use it--I stole it from Elisa's blog!

      Delete
  2. It's cool at night here, but very hot during the day, close to 100F still. I was in our little town two days in a row and although it is only 12 miles away, it was much cooler there. As I drove home, I could feel the heat coming up with the winds from the desert. I wish this heat would go away soon. We have no air here, I should add. Just lots and lots of fans.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As you know, your sweet husband installed several ceiling fans here--bless him! They're all on, plus a couple of portable ones. Why do "hot" people marry "cold" people? Bud keeps turning off the air downstairs because he says he's FREEZING!!

      Delete
  3. I like the Life is Short one!
    Fishducky, make a note never to come to Texas in the summertime. After this summer 91 degrees is "cool" to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's 1 vote for each. That 91 was at the beach at 5:00 pm!! Some comedian had a theory on how our ancestors chose where to build our cities, which I love: "Let's see, it's 200 degrees here in the summer, & minus 100 degrees in the winter with lots of snow & ice--let's build a metropolis here!!"

      Delete
  4. This is such a HOT post. I love the pictures :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm with you! I'll happily trade my big screen or my iPhone or 'puter just about anything else, too, as long as no one messes with my air conditoning.

    And I like the "out of order". ;)

    S

    ReplyDelete
  6. But how could I blog without my computer?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lots of fun here. My particular favorite was the bulldog on ice.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks, Stephen, but that wasn't a bulldog--that was ME!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've read and enjoyed your comments on other blogs, but I don't think I've ever dropped in on your blog before. (Shame on me!) So when Inger recommended your blog to me today, I figured it was time to come say howdy. I'm so glad I did. You are seriously funny, lady. I loved all your posts that I read. (Too lazy to comment on them, though.) Ah well, I have no choice but to sign on as your newest groupie. As Arnie said, "I'll be bock." Nice to meetcha.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I never know where this train is going, but WELCOME ABOARD!! Glad to have you!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like the "life is short" sign. It seems very fishduckieish to me. It's hot here, too, but it's always hot here at this time of year. We won't cool down until November.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would be dead before November!

      Delete
    2. You are not allowed to die. Too many of us love you and depend on you to keep us laughing.

      Delete
  12. Too hot?

    Great.

    It's just one more excuse to drink cold beer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never been a beer drinker, but I've been putting away an awful lot of Diet Pepsi!

      Delete
  13. It seems every summer something is wrong with my A/C! I hope things get back to normal for you soon. Just so you know I'm jealous that E gets to meet you this week! I hope you have a wonderful visit!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh those animal photos are hysterical! I am do ready for FALL and Winter here in NC. I told my husband that I never remember it being so hot like is is now, when I was younger. We have a horrible hot summer this year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been in NC in the summer--I'm glad we live in CA!!

      Delete
  15. Dear Fishducky, I'm voting for the "Life is short, smile . . ." How do you remember all these jokes and funny stories. Your brain must have it's own filing system! Peace.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I DO--but everything goes under "M" for miscellaneous!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day, which shows you how boring my life has become.