Follow

Wednesday, November 21, 2012

ALL ABOARD! THE BUS TO DECREPITVILLE IS LEAVING IN 5 MINUTES!



On my way to Decrepitville,  I've had to pass through some unpleasant places like Boy, It's Hot In Here Town & the overly populated Where Are My Glasses City.  I finished with the change of life long ago (although I'm not sure I like what I've changed into) & had cataract surgery so I can now read the eye chart at the DMV.  I guess because my ears are as old as the rest of me, I now find myself in a land where everybodytalkslikethis!  I don't have trouble with hearing it but I have a problem separating the words.  I'm able to get enough of the words to determine it's some form of English.  Something like this:


I feel like Jeremy's mom:


I'd rather be here than in Decrepitville:


How your kids see you:

And some more cartoons about geezers those of us of a certain age:







~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

On a different subject (Hey--I AM fishducky!!  You expected it, right?):

I'm tired of the old boring outgoing message on our answering machine.  I've got my new choices narrowed down to two.  Which one do you prefer?

"Hello, I'm fishducky's answering machine.  What are you?"

Or

"Hello, you've reached fishducky.  I have ESP.  I know who you are & what you want, so at the sound of the beep, please hang up."

On an even different(er) subject, my cousin Arlene is my hero.  She was out to dinner with her husband & another couple.  When the waiter brought the dessert tray to their table, she & her friend just looked at each other & Arlene asked, "Shall we?"  Her friend said, "Yes!"  They had one of everything on the tray!  Sort of like this, only they shared:

For Thanksgiving tomorrow:



Those of my tribe (Jews) should really appreciate this:




There are SO MANY subjects out there, how can I be expected to stay on just one?
----fishducky


Rita of soulcomfortcorner thinks I should change this:


to this--what do you think?


Yesterday (11/20/12) that sweet young thing, Inger, put some of my artwork on her blog.  You can check it out here.












29 comments:

  1. STUNNING artwork fishducky!

    With your dancing spirit? Yes, dancing nekkid birdie please.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANK YOU!! Your vote has been recorded!

      Delete
  2. I am always astounded by how wonderful your work is and am so grateful to Inger for posting it on her blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am astounded by your comment--thank you! Inger is a love!!

      Delete
  3. Ask your machine which one I like.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't have it yet--have your people call my people!

      Delete
  4. You made me laugh several times, fishducky. :-)

    I did not leave a message on your machine. I assume you will know what it wasn't about.

    :-)

    Pearl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course I know, but thanks for reminding me!

      Delete
  5. Dear Fran, once again I erupted in laughter when reading your posting and seeing the cartoons. The one with the elderly lady in a thong and her husband's response to it surely made me chuckle.

    Tomorrow is Thanksgiving and one of the people whom I'm grateful to have met is you. You are a treasure. Peace.

    PS. I like both the smiling teeth and the dancing duck stickers, but the dancing duck wins out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy thanksgiving to one of the many people I'm thankful for!!

      Delete
  6. The first song was a song that Branden's Gram would sing to her sister thus giving her the nickname "Dotes". We just call her Auntie Dotes!
    I like the ESP message and I like your original sign off button.
    Happy Thanksgiving!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the votes. Happy Thanksgiving to you & Branden (& Auntie Dotes)!!!

      Delete
  7. I nearly swallowed my gum over the Wizard of Oz cartoon. Happy Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think they should make a gum that tastes like Thanksgiving dinner--Happy Thanksgiving!!

      Delete
  8. As usual, your blog has me in paroxysms of giggles (I also wanted to show off that I can spell paroxysms before I get too drunk to spell anything). The answering machine messages are priceless. I think you should keep your original closing and the chicken. Who says you can't have your cake and eat it too? Nobody is taking any damn cake from me, I can tell you that.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Paroxysm: noun
      1.
      any sudden, violent outburst; a fit of violent action or emotion: paroxysms of rage.
      2.
      Pathology . a severe attack or a sudden increase in intensity of a disease, usually recurring periodically.

      Maybe I WILL use both pictures-I never thought of that!

      Delete
  9. Thank you for yet another fun post. I liked the Stalemate one and also the Wizard of Oz one. And, now that so many get tattoos, I really wonder how they all will look once the wrinkles and sagging sets in. I'm fascinated by that thought, so thanks for giving me an idea. And you know how much I enjoy showing off your pictures. I love that red ocean.

    HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO YOU AND BUD FROM BOTH OF US!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now you know about tattoos--don't get one! Thanks for featuring my art!

      HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO YOU AND YOUR HUBBY FROM BOTH OF US!

      Delete
  10. I like Rita's idea--that's cute.

    And this is a hysterical message: "Hello, I'm fishducky's answering machine. What are you?"

    The "Angel of Death" comic had me laughing so hard.

    Have a very Happy Thanksgiving. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOL!!! THanks for the laughs! Have a Happy Thanksgiving :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome--Happy Thanksgiving to you, too!

      Delete
  12. You is a HOOT....and I am a dog!!!!

    Thanks and Happy Thanksgiving!

    Ron and Sophie

    ReplyDelete
  13. Dear Fishducky,
    I want to read your blog every day. I have one question am i your youngest blog reader? Reaspond on my moms email.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think so, Ruby--& Bud is the oldest!

      Love you!!

      Delete
  14. LOL! Life is too short to stay on one topic. Variety is the spice of life, right?
    Both messages would be funny on your answering machine, but you might not get all your messages--hehe!
    I love all your jokes and cartoons. Your posts always make me smile. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I LOVE writing this blog--keep on smiling!!

      Delete

Your comments make my day, which shows you how boring my life has become.