Follow

Friday, March 22, 2013

ROBIN HOOD--THE TRUE STORY


Robin Hood was an excellent archer and a really nice guy.  He lived in Sherwood Forest because he didn't get along with King (pro tem) John, who was ruling England while his brother, King Richard the Lionhearted (another nice guy) was out of town on the Crusades.  (Ed. note:  It wasn't really Sherwood Forest, it was Sherwood's forest.  It was the large, untended and therefore very messy and overgrown backyard of Sherwood Schwartz, the creator of "The Brady Bunch" and "Gilligan's Island".)

Robin had many dear and close friends.  There was Littlejohn, whom Robin, being British, called Littleloo.   (Ed. Note: Robin thought that was funny.  No one else did.)    There also were Alana Dale, whose brother, Alan, was fighting in the Crusades with King Richard, and Frier Tuck, who dropped out of the seminary to open a chicken restaurant.  They were part of his group of "Merry Men", made that way mainly because of Robin's maid, Marian, a believer in free love.  She loved him deeply and kept things as neat as possible in Sherwood's forest.

He, however, was not without enemies, one of the worst being an ally of King (pro tem) John, the new Sheriff of Nottingham, Joe Arpaio.  Sheriff Joe Arpaio was a cruel man, who took delight in persecuting Robin.  Robin vowed never to be captured by the Sheriff, because he was allergic to bologna--and working in chain gangs.

Many of the people living nearby were very poor because King (pro tem) John had set up a vile organization called the IRS (I Require Sums) to fill his coffers.  To combat this injustice, Robin set up trust accounts for the poor where their small sums of money could be safely deposited with him collecting a mere 50% for administrative fees.  He even installed an ATM (Arrows Take Money) in Sherwood's forest to make it even easier for those who were rich to make their deposits.

This continued for several years until King Richard returned to England and kicked his nasty brother off the throne.  Robin Hood started the Bank of England and put everything he had in the name of his new wife--his former maid, Marian.  Everyone except King (pro tem) John lived happily ever after.




That fine feathered story teller----fishducky

 













17 comments:

  1. From Melynda: Again a version of the tale I had never heard before! Oh how you educate me wise one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Always happy to give you some smarts!!

      Delete
  2. And thus began the ancestral lineage of Sir Obama.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You MAY be right, but I try to stay away from political stuff here!!

      Delete
    2. But I said "Sir".....not what I was thinking, but politely put.

      (I understand, and I obey.)

      Delete
  3. There going to have to remake the Movie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with Robin. Littleloo is hilarious.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I, myself, have a problem with Robin's British sense of humor!!

      Delete
  5. I love the IRS and ATM, brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Fran, as Inger said, "I love the IRS and ATM--brilliant!" your brain is wired for wit! Peace.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope it's wired OK--I'd hate to have it short out!!

      Delete
  7. Just wondering of Alana Dale was just a guy with a girly name, a girl who was just one of the guys, a girl dressed as a guy, or just a guy who maybe really liked Little John little. Also King Richard the Lionhearted went way up in my book when I saw he looked just like Sean Connery.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. About Alana Dale--I have no idea. About Sean Connery--YEAH!!

      Delete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete

Your comments make my day, which shows you how boring my life has become.