Follow

Monday, April 8, 2013

HAPPILY EVER AFTER (& OTHER MYTHS)

What do the following animals--& many others--have in common?


Gibbon apes, wolves, termites, coyotes, barn owls, beavers, bald eagles, golden eagles, condors, swans, brolga cranes, French angel fish, sandhill cranes, pigeons, prions (a seabird), red-tailed hawks, anglerfish, ospreys, prairie voles (a rodent) & black vultures.  

THEY ALL MATE FOR LIFE!!

I wonder what would happen if a swan were unhappy with her choice of mates.  I can hear it now: "You never help me with the cygnets!"  "I think you're seeing another pen--is her neck longer than mine?"  "You leave your dirty feathers all over the pond!"   "Get a job, you cob!"  Or, from HIS point of view:


We know how SHE handles it:


Has this ever happened to you?:

"The first time we ever made love, I said, "Am I the first man that ever made love to you?"  She said, "You could be--you look awfully familiar!"
--Ronnie Bullard



Sometimes, we just don't look before we leap:



I have to admit, marriage changes passion; suddenly you're in bed with a relative.




Sometimes, though, even though you've thought it out carefully, weighed the pro's & con's,  chosen one person to be with the rest of your life, in sickness & in health, for richer, for poorer, it just doesn't work out, or they're not the person you thought they were, or one or both of you is not willing to do what's necessary to keep the marriage going, & so you get a divorce, regardless of the consequences.  (That should pretty much use up today's allotment of commas.)















But if you play your cards right--& you're VERY LUCKY--this could be you:


BECAUSE:


If you haven't gotten my book yet, don't worry--
you can click  HERE to buy it on Amazon.
I would really appreciate some (good) reviews on Amazon!!


But wait, there’s more!  From now until the end of May, anytime you purchase one of Wayman Publishing's books/eBooks and send the verifiable receipt number to waymansweepstakes(at)gmail.com you will be automatically entered for a chance to win an iPad mini! 


My book is sort of like this:
Snow White





My mind works like lightning--one brilliant flash & it's gone!----fishducky



27 comments:

  1. These cartoons are my favorites ever. :) Maybe because I've been through a divorce.... or maybe because I'm married now....

    Or maybe because they are all just funny! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL a lot of young people are scared to get married because they are afraid of divorce.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately, that's probably true!!

      Delete
    2. Tony and I never wanted to get married again because we never wanted to go through another divorce... so here we are MARRIED... and we've decided that when one of us is done with our marriage, we are just going to kill the other in their sleep. Easy peesy. :)

      (Kidding of course, but sometimes with my cooking I leave Tony wondering how much I might NOT be kidding)

      Delete
    3. I hardly ever cook for Bud anymore--I think he feels more secure that way!!

      Delete
  3. I love that quote. And the cartoons are great as always.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My criteria--they have to make ME laugh before they go in here!!

      Delete
  4. Dear Fran, oh that cartoon about the raving gang of divorce lawyers! I laughed out loud. I'm slowly reading your e-book on iPad. I try not to read too much because then I won't remember the stories. I've decided to post a review on Wednesday April 17, the day before I leave for a short visit with my cousin and his wife in St. Louis. I'm liking the book a lot, always marveling at your sense of the ridiculous. I'll do the blog review and then put a review on Amazon and Goodreads. Peace.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, woe. Divorce. It bites the big one. Why does it still upset me when I'm better off without him? And Elvis Aaron Schwarz is so nice and so much fun and I like him, I really like him. I think I know now what love is, but I'm still bitter about the divorce -- though the bitterness eases momentarily when the checks arrive.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. At least you found the light at the end of the tunnel & it wasn't an oncoming train!!

      Delete
  6. Poor Snow White. Her face says it all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess her prince wasn't as charming as some others!!

      Delete
  7. So many laughs. I love the drinking turtles discussing dignity.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love putting a smile on your face!!

      Delete
  8. "Life's short. Smile while you still have teeth" I am going to use that at my big speech tonight at the local Women's Institute. If they boo me off I'll take out my front teeth and beam at them. Thank you for all the laughs here today, fishducky. Chuckling away here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I cannot imagine anyone booing at you--I can, however, imagine you taking out your front teeth and beaming at them!!

      Delete
  9. This is from my cartoon book (currently out of print) Single, Married & Divorced:

    http://wherehotcomestodie.blogspot.com/2007/02/single-married-divorced-se_117130366935872813.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. "Your nose used to light up and buzz when I touched you." I laughed FOREVER over that one!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The one with the old couple, he asking about sexual relations really cracked me up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As we both know, age can be funny!!

      Delete

Your comments make my day, which shows you how boring my life has become.