Follow

Monday, April 29, 2013

JUST A BUNCH OF RANDOM STUFF (LIKE THAT'S ANY DIFFERENT THAN USUAL!)

A warning to prospective parents:











One of our daughter's first jobs was as an assistant to a fashion buyer at a department store.  One day the buyer was talking to Nameless & another assistant about a faux fur jacket.  The other girl asked her boss if the jacket was real faux fur or artificial faux fur. I have no idea how far she went in her fashion career.

This video has made the rounds.  I hadn't heard it for about a year & just came across it again--I still found it hysterical!  A telemarketer calls a prospective client & ends up answering some questions himself.  There's no video except for the transcript--just audio. Listen & enjoy:

A police recruit was asked on an exam, "What would you do if you had to arrest your own mother?"
In the blank, he wrote, "Call for backup!"

There used to be several small (99 seat) theaters in Hollywood--I think they were taxed differently than the large ones.  One that we went to often was the Player's Ring Gallery, in which the unraised stage was in the center & the audience sat all around it.  We always sat in the front row, which may have been a mistake.  The room would go totally black both before the play started, & after the intermission. We were with friends watching "The Diary of Anne Frank" & act ll started with Anne in her bed (which was about 12 inches away from me) waking up screaming from a nightmare.  I thought it was the audience member sitting next to me!  When we went to see "Inherit the Wind" the actor playing Clarence Darrow dropped his heavy briefcase on my foot.  Talk about being part of the action!!

A very good friend of my daughter Nameless was a talented cartoonist.  When they were in high school he drew cartoons all over a pair of her white tennis shoes.  Then, on the toes, he named the shoes.  The right one was "Alfred Lord Tennis-shoe" & the left was "Grou-shoe Marx".

If clothing size is just an arbitrary number assigned to a piece of fabric, why doesn't the highest number win?

We took our family (a party of 8) to Lawry's the Prime Rib.  The hostess ask us if we were celebrating anything special.  My husband told her, "Just that I can afford to pay for this!"

Speaking of my husband: As president of our condo association, he sent a VERY clearly worded notice regarding a change in the monthly assessment to the homeowners.  The following month, everyone but one man got the new payment right.  I said to Bud that his letter had been very easy to understand--that it wasn't exactly rocket science.  He laughed & said that was what was so funny--the guy WAS a rocket scientist!!


 Since I'm not following any particular theme, here are some health cartoons:






My next house will have no kitchen, just  vending machines and a large trash can!
----fishducky







18 comments:

  1. Dear Fran, it's going to hit 83 here today, the barometer is steady, and I'm back to reading blogs. On Wednesday I'll f-i-n-a-l-l-y post a review of your book. Thanks for being so patient about that.

    I enjoyed everything but my favorites were that audio--I guffawed-- and the two cartoons about constipation and the dinosaurs! I can always count on you for a laugh. You're a great tonix! Peace.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad the weather is cooperating & you're feeling better--&, of course, that you enjoyed my post!

      Delete
  2. The cartoon of the dinosaurs smoking never fails to make me laugh. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE your next house already!

    This is hilarious!
    A police recruit was asked on an exam, "What would you do if you had to arrest your own mother?"
    In the blank, he wrote, "Call for backup!"

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG---- so damn funny- thanks for the laughs!
    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome--you have a great week, too!!

      Delete
  5. I almost wet my pants! Sooooo funny!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that cartoon "tell me where it doesn't hurt"... so my life right now.

    Training schedule for this week...24 miles of walking... that's 8 hours. on top of working full time, kids, PTA, boy scouts, open house at the middle school, and doctors appointments. Ironically, the only part of me that doesn't hurt is my feet. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I got a chuckle from the doctors blasting. Funny and sometimes it's the truth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sent that one to my doctor--he loved it!!

      Delete

Your comments make my day, which shows you how boring my life has become.