Follow

Monday, April 1, 2013

ODE TO THE PORCELAIN THRONE

Have you ever been away from home & found you had to take a leak  go potty  tinkle  take a dump  relieve yourself?  Of course you have!  I have two questions & I'd like a show of hands.  Who has ever gone into the restroom reserved for the opposite sex by mistake? Who has done it ON PURPOSE?
  
I have to admit, sometimes it's hard to tell which is which:

Usually--but not ALWAYS--that's very clear:



There are even some for very specific people:




Time CAN be of the essence:



But, even so, would you be willing to use these?:




Some social commentaries:











No comment!

“The society which scorns excellence in plumbing because plumbing is a humble activity and tolerates shoddiness in philosophy because it is an exalted activity will have neither good plumbing nor good philosophy. Neither its pipes nor its theories will hold water.” — John W. Gardner




If you haven't gotten my book yet, don't worry--
you can click  HERE to buy it on Amazon.


But wait, there’s more!  From now until the end of May, anytime you purchase one of Wayman Publishing's books/eBooks and send the verifiable receipt number to waymansweepstakes(at)gmail.com you will be automatically entered for a chance to win an iPad mini! 


My book is sort of like this:
Sleeping Beauty  
  

I'm sorry that you were offended----fishducky



22 comments:

  1. Fishducky
    These are priceless. OMG I've still got tears in my eyes. I love to start the day with laughter. Each one seemed to get funnier than the last.

    ReplyDelete
  2. :-)

    Delightfully goofy.

    Up north here in Minnesota, we also have restrooms marked "Inboard" and "Outboard". :-)

    Pearl

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those were priceless and gave my morning giggle. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was recently in a restroom in India and the signs on the doors said HE, and NOT HE.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At least that's easy to figure out!!

      Delete
  5. All very funny...plus reminds me of a bathroom story...now if I can only figure out a way to tell it..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That could be a different problem!!

      Delete
  6. We were at the beach. I wasn't wearing my glasses. Itty-bitty Hurricane and I headed for the shower to rinse off the sand before we got in the car. We got to the shower and I suddenly realized that the face in front of me was a young man's butt. Oops! Early educational opportunity for Young Hurricane.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's those little things that keep life interesting!!

      Delete
  7. TWICE I've used the wrong one. The first time I marveled that it was so much cleaner than I remembered....that's when I left and looked back to make sure the door was closed. MEN, it said.

    Several months ago I hopped into the restroom at an unfamiliar restaurant and Joe was waiting outside the door when I finished. MEN,it said.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Apparently my comment to Janie (above) goes for you, too!!

      Delete
  8. I was an Operations MGR for a store that had about 80 - 200 employees at any given time. We had public restrooms as well as private employee ones. The Store Mgr. was from England. We cracked up at some of his works so often that one day I went to the bathroom and someone had changed the signs to read "Luvs" and "Gents".

    :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At least I could figure those out!!

      Delete
  9. That plumbing truck is hilarious! I also hope to never get a birthday card from a dog ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do you think cats would be better?

      Delete
  10. From Melynda: I have gone into the men's bathroom on purpose AND on accident. The on purpose one was strictly because the womens line was to long and men don't fuss most of the time when you barge into their potty room... haha

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dear Fishducky, these were a hoot, especially the one of the van for the plumber. I'm reminded of a story about the outhouse on the farm where I grew up. Maybe there's a posting in that! I hope to get your ebook read this weekend. Peace.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To paraphrase the old commercial, read it,you'll like it!!

      Delete

Your comments make my day, which shows you how boring my life has become.