Follow

Friday, May 24, 2013

HAIKUS FOR THE COMPUTER AGE


A haiku is a poem consisting of three lines.  The first line has five syllables, the second, seven & the third, five again.  The poems do not rhyme.  They are generally meant to convey a feeling or an emotion.  Following are too many some examples, which were stolen borrowed taken from too many places for me to remember so that I can give credit to their authors.  These first four (pre-computer ones) & several others are mine:

These are MY haikus.
I think they are quite clever
But I may be wrong.

Too much to absorb.
I'll use a pen and paper
To write this all down.

I make many errors
When using a typewriter.
Where is the Wite-Out?

I must admit that
I’m computer ignorant
But filed stuff is still there.


Even kids can write (or speak in) haikus:




Here are some more haikus, apparently written by computers (& some by me):

Three things are certain:
Death, taxes, and lost data.
Guess which has occurred.
 

Everything is gone;
Your life's work has been destroyed.
Squeeze trigger (yes/no)?
 

Windows Seven crashed.
I am the Blue Screen of Death.
No one hears your screams.
 

A file that big?
It might have been useful.
But now it is gone.
 

Chaos reigns within.
Reflect, repent, and reboot.
Order shall return.
 

This site has been moved.
We'd tell you where, but then we'd
Have to delete you.
 

Abort this effort:
Save and close all that you have.
You ask way too much.
 

First snow, then silence.
This thousand dollar screen dies
So beautifully.
 

With searching comes loss
And the terror of absence:
"My Novel" not found.
 

The Tao that is seen
Is not the true Tao, until
You bring fresh toner.
 

Yesterday it worked.
Today it is not working.
Windows is like that
 

Out of memory.
We wish to hold the whole sky,
But we never will.
 

Having been erased,
The document you're seeking
Must now be retyped.
 

The ten thousand things,
How long do any persist?
Netscape, too, has gone.
 

Rather than a beep
Or a rude error message,
These words: "File not found."
 

Error message.  Damn!
All shortcuts have disappeared.
Screen. Mind. Both are blank.

You step in the stream,
But the water has moved on.
This page is not here.
 

No keyboard present
Hit F1 to continue
Zen engineering?

And some Redneck haikus:

Beauty naked in repose.
Silvery silhouette girls
Adorn my mudflaps.

Damn, in that tube top
You sometimes make me forget
You are my sister.

Remorse & sadness.
Can't fit big screen TV through
Double wide trailer's door.

Unemployment's out.
Hey, maybe I can get on
Disability.

Distant siren screams.
Dumb ass Verne's been playing with
Gasoline again.

Tonight we hunger.
Gran sent grocery money
To Jimmy Swaggert.









This came from someecards:

If you haven't gotten my book yet, don't worry--
you can click  HERE to buy it on Amazon
or HERE on Goodreads.
If you've already bought it,
If not, what are you waiting for?




Had perfect haiku
In mind.  Now it's forgotten.
Damn you, ADD!!
----fishducky




20 comments:

  1. This site has been moved.
    We'd tell you where, but then we'd
    Have to delete you.

    This one was my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  2. FROM MELYNDA: I almost cried that was so beautiful.. I felt the same way when my computer crashed in the middle of me writing my book. It is lost in cyber space now and shall never again be found. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's happened to all of us at one time or another!!

      Delete
  3. I would comment in a haiku, but I am not that clever.

    Good stuff as usual!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. I don't understand.
      Tell me so that I will know
      If that's good or bad.

      Delete
    2. I haiku you, too!
      My brain can't always translate
      Writing in haiku.

      Delete
  5. I'd comment in Haiku
    But I'm intimidated
    By your vast brilliance.

    You are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are far too kind.
      Sometimes my babbling takes on
      A semblance of structure.

      THANK YOU!!

      Delete
  6. These remind me of the Zen error messages for computers:

    "Alas, your data is lost and must be retyped."

    This cracks me up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Zounds!! Your computer says "Alas"? Egads!!

      Delete
  7. Don't it always seem to go. A boss who doesn't know his haiku from his doggerel.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think haikus CAN be doggerel & I submit this post as an example!!

      Delete
  8. That has got to be
    the most comprehensive post
    on haiku written

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I try very hard
      To make things perfectly clear.
      It cannot be done.

      Delete
  9. Such details. I guess any one who needs to so some homework and get it all from your post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe, but I have
      Never thought of this as an
      Informative blog.

      Delete

Your comments make my day, which shows you how boring my life has become.