Follow

Friday, September 27, 2013

A "PRICELESS" POST--BECAUSE I'M LAZY TODAY


I posted this on 9/23/13 but some people said it didn't show up on their blog roll, so I decided to give it another shot.



I'm just too lazy to write a post today, but that's OK, because I just discovered a VERY funny guy by the name of Steve Melcher.  He writes a post, "That is Priceless", where he takes paintings by the old masters & renames them. He's quite often irreverent (most of the classics were done on religious themes) & ALWAYS funny.  You can find him at http://thatispriceless.blogspot.com. Here are some samples:

































This one's for Paige: 
Take a look--THIS is interesting!!


Do you suppose the old masters ever used this method 
when they were in a hurry?


You still get cartoons.
Guess what the theme is?










I know rhythms is misspelled, 
but I didn't draw the cartoon.


Do lazy people ascend to heaven by themselves, or will God send someone to pick us up?----fishducky

 

22 comments:

  1. I missed this - and am so glad to see it tonight.
    Love it. Laughter is such a gift - thank you. Monsieur Pascal takes a whizz has me smiling very loudly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wasn't even sure I should have put that one in--there were so many good ones!!

      Delete
  2. This time it came through perfectly. Love Jesus without his wallet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Blogger certainly has a mind of its own!!

      Delete
  3. Also haven't seen this before. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Fishducky, these new captions really do display wit. All of them had me smiling, but the Lucy/Desi one had me laughing out loud. I also really enjoyed the security guard at the tomb! Sorry to have been away from your blog for a while. Life caught up with me! Peace.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The one with Tide Commercial seems so appropriate. Also did Mary get all that help from the angels ?
    I think that I messed these too. Good thing you posted them again for us. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is very funny but would the old masters turn over in their graves, well they do need the exercise.
    Merle.......... ........... ......

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The postees aren't supposed to be funnier than the poster!!

      Delete
  7. I laughed so hard I was afraid I would annoy Favorite Young Man, who is painting my kitchen. I shouldn't be lollygagging around while he works so hard. *tough shit FYM*

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Reminded me of the time Joan Rivers wanted to make sure her painter got the exact shade of yellow for her kitchen. She pulled a hair out of her head & gave it to him with instructions to match it exactly, then left. She came home to a yellow kitchen with a black ceiling!!

      Delete
  8. HAHaaaaa ... loved the paintings! and haahaaa about Joan... you are a very silly person, fishducky ... love it

    loved the Beluga Whale drawing ... I saw a dolphin do that once... amazing creatures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My doctor says I suffer from extreme silliness--& there is NO cure !!

      Delete
  9. Like the paintings themselves, these were priceless!

    ReplyDelete
  10. These put a little sunshine in an otherwise dull gray day.That speakerphone one is a modern hoot.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy I could bring you into the light!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Funny stuff! My favorites are the Lucy/Desi/ Little Tramp one and Lady Gaga. The Falcons are playing now, and my hubby and I are practicing that synchronized sitting stuff, sprinkled with an occasional yell...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Keep practicing--you may be Olympic material!!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day, which shows you how boring my life has become.