Follow

Wednesday, September 18, 2013

WHAT DO YOU CALL A HUGE YELLOW BIRD THAT LOVES WATER? MOBY DUCK!






Caution--Do not read this post if you are anatidaephobic!

Not anatidaephobic?
Read on:


HuffPost
This is a 16.5 meter high inflatable sculpture by Dutch conceptual artist Florentjin Hofman. It’s floating in Hong Kong’s Victoria Harbor, with the island skyline in the background.

Prefer your big ducks dry?
Take a look at this:
Wikipedia
This big duck is a building in Flanders, New York, on Long Island.  It was built in 1931 and used as a shop to sell ducks and duck eggs.  It is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. 

The devout cowboy lost his favorite Bible while he was mending fences out on the range. Three weeks later, a duck waddled up to him carrying the Bible in its mouth. The cowboy couldn't believe his eyes. He took the precious book out of the duck's mouth, raised his eyes heavenward and exclaimed, "It's a miracle!" "Not really," said
the duck, "Your name is written inside the cover."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

One of my all- time favorite jokes:

Farmer Jones goes to town to buy a duck. As he's heading home, he passes the local theater and notices that a film he really wanted to see is playing. Not wanting to miss the movie, Jones stuffs the duck in his pants and goes into the darkened theater. The duck has to breathe, so he unzips his fly. He sits down next to two old ladies, Thelma and Maude. 
During the movie the duck gets restless and sticks his head out. Maude looks over, pokes Thelma and says, "Look at that!  I can't believe it!" Thelma replies, "C'mon, don't tell me you've never seen one of those before." Maude answers, "Yeah, but this one's eating my popcorn!"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Everything at IKEA requires assembly. I asked for a feather pillow, and they gave me a duck."
--Todd Glass


When they're little, sometimes it's hard for them to stay awake:


You might (or might not)
be interested in THIS:

But I'm pretty sure you'll like these.
It's a short post (for me), so here are a lot of cartoons:















And, of course, everybody's used this:

I've run this video before,
but it's worth another go-round.  
Nobody could tell a joke like Buddy Hackett:



If you want to print out this post & carry it with you,
you could put it in here:



Kiss a duck & change your luck----fishducky 

 










26 comments:

  1. From Melynda: you are the only person I know that could make a post about ducks intersting AND entertaining lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really, really like the giant duck in Hing Kong's Victoria Harbour. I think all harbours should have one. Everything else you've posted today has me laughing happily. I like ducks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why don't we start a petition saying that every harbor MUST have a rubber ducky?

      Delete
  3. I LOVE ducks, and swans too. A wonderful, wonderful post which has me smiling happily too. Megathanks.
    And I am still snorting about the popcorn eating duck...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're megawelcome!! I LOVE that joke!!

      Delete
  4. That sleepy duck was adorable. He behaved exactly like a sleepy child.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's not much difference between some species!!

      Delete
  5. HAHaaaaa …. cowboy and the duck … HAhaaaaa … terrible just awful …

    The movie theater duck joke was my first 'dirty joke' in high school… different names but same procedure… ha

    love the baby duck video! jeeeeeez that's cute! wonder why it wanted to stay awake..

    liked Buddy Hackett but your video thingy says it does not exist..

    good morning, fishducky ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good morning to you!! I fixed the video--it's working now.

      Delete
  6. My favorite is the "wimp duck"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To be honest, it took me a minute to figure out that cartoon!!

      Delete
  7. I'll be in Hong Kong this coming February and i hope that giant duck is still floating in the harbor. I'd love to see it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sadly, it's just there temporarily--but Hong Kong is fascinating!!

      Delete
  8. I LOVED this post. From start to end, I simply loved it. You've outdone yourself this time.

    If you've never seen it before, you might get a kick out of a video on YouTube. If you enter a search for "ducks in the wind", you should be able to find it. You'll feel a little sorry for the ducklings, but they appear to be none the worse for the wear, and they're soooo adorable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. C'mon, don't be shy--tell me what you really think!!

      Cute video. I just watched it. Here's the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOoBUhftsSM

      Delete
  9. Poor Baby Peep. When the Snooze Monster sneaks up on you it's almost impossible to resist. I know. I've so been there. The worst is waking up with impressions of your keyboard on your face and drool on your cheek just as the boss walks in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Feathers help hide keyboard facial dents--they also absorb drool quite nicely!!

      Delete
  10. I love the Ikea joke. We don't have comedians like Buddy Hackett anymore.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wanna buy a duck? Thanks for sharing these. So funny.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have seen the giant duck in Japan's harbor before.... it's got to be a sight to see. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fran, you would love where we live! Yesterday we had 17 ducks on our front yard. We put out grain and they come up from the river. We also feed the on the river...and about 100 geese, too! Love our quacking, honking feathered friends!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds nice!! Are there any condos still available there for us ducks?

      Delete

Your comments make my day, which shows you how boring my life has become.