Follow

Wednesday, September 4, 2013

WHAT WERE THEY THINKING (IF THEY WERE THINKING)?

This is how I feel when I see some of the dresses that are worn on awards shows:


Granted, there are some classy ladies that show up in gorgeous gowns, but there are also these:

Lady Gaga, 2011 MTV Europe Music Awards
This looks like a flying saucer, but then I've always suspected 
she was an ET!

Lady Gaga again, recently in London.
This dress is made of bubble making machines &
actually blows bubbles!

M.I.A., 2010 Spike TV 'Scream' Awards
He wore this as a response to the claim that the 
burka was repressive to women.  
Someone should have repressed him!

Erin Wasson, 2012 InStyle Golden Globes After-Party
There must have been a terrible accident on the way to the party!

Margaret Cho, 2004 Grammys
This reminds me of a friend who said after staying 
in a lush resort in the jungle in Kenya, 
"You had to be careful not to step in peacock poop 
on your way to the dining room!"

Bjork, 2000 Cannes
I have some Santa table decorations that open like this!

Toni Braxton, 2001 Grammys
A satin poncho with a belt?

Lil' Kim, 2012 'Return on the Queen" Tour
Why does this make me want some Kellogg's Frosted Flakes?

Nicki Minaj, 2012 Grammys
The first female pope?
(Her date was dressed as the ACTUAL pope!)

Annie Lennox, 1995 Grammys
Welcome to the Mickey Mouse Club!

Jennifer Lopez, 2000 Grammys
How does it stay in place--Scotch Tape?

Rose McGowan, 2010 MTV Video Music Awards
I have NO idea what to say about this one,
except that she should have worn a dress!

And some that will NEVER be forgotten:

Bjork, 2001 Academy Awards
A swan or the ugly duckling?

Lady Gaga, 2010 MTV Video Music Awards
Of course those are real slabs of meat--
hamburger would have fallen off!

Cher, 1988 Academy Awards
I think she deserves a category of her own!

Cher, 1986 Academy Awards
I wish I had HER body!
All photos source: HuffPost

An interesting fashion statement for the mature woman.
I stole borrowed this from sothenstories.com
who had found it on monster-munch.com:
Boob Tube Scarfs monster-munch.com

 And, as if those weren't funny enough, some cartoons:




On a totally different subject, 
congratulations to Diana Nyad!!


It occurred to me lately that nothing has occurred to me lately----fishducky

 

Has anyone noticed I've been trying out new "Leave me a comment" pics for a week or so?  Let me know if one strikes your fancy, please!!



















25 comments:

  1. From Melynda: All I can say here is what were they thinking?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this week's "leave a comment" pic, I didn't like the rugrat one a couple of posts back.
    J-Lo, "how does it stay in place"? Hairspray, the strong hold type, lacquer I think, a quick spray on the skin, press the garment in place and it sticks. I saw it in the movie Miss Congeniality, when Michael Caine quickly sprayed a bit on Sandra Bullock's butt cheeks to make sure the swimsuit didn't ride up while she paraded onstage.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Even though don't think 'll be needing it soon, thank you for the handy hint!!

      Delete
  3. The Grammys really seems to bring out the desire to top bizarre. Wonder if Lady Gaga got good reception? How on earth do those ladies sit?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to admit I like Lady GaGa, she is all about entertainment.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm in agreement with Joe? oh, dear. I watched the VMA awards and thought the same thing. I like Lady Gaga .... she does entertain. the kid can sing. fun to watch.

    What I don't understand are the girls who want to show me their crotches ... puts the women's movement back 50 years. You have to show your crotch to be heard? ha? Justin didn't... the guys were all dressed. but the girls? seem to think that by spreading their legs and turning upside down or whatever method they're in the mood for will make them more money. crotches for money. don't like it. Beyonce did... oh hell I might do a post on this .. you got me started!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not only crotches, but also rears--I'd love to read your post!!

      Delete
    2. I just put your songwriter video into one of my posts--THANK YOU!!

      Delete
  6. I'll never understand women's fashions I thought the idea was to make women look good, but i see I'm mistaken.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess the idea isn't to make women look good, but to make men (& women) LOOK!!

      Delete
  7. The whole point to dressing like a clown is to gain attention. It's just getting harder to stand out when all the envelopes have been pushed way past stationery.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. NO MATTER HOW HARD YOU PUSH THE ENVELOPE, IT'S STILL STATIONERY!!

      Delete
  8. Jennifer Lopez got a huge amount of publicity out of that dress. I remember when Bjork wore that awful swan dress. I think that's one of the worst dresses I've ever seen. I like Lady Gaga, no matter what she wears.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to admit JLo looked good in that dress--but NOT Bjork. Lady Gaga lives in her own world!!

      Delete
    2. When I first heard about Lady Gaga, I asked The Hurricane, What's a Lady Gaga? She explained that L.G. is more of a performance artist. I've seen some interviews with her. She's quite articulate and seems rather intelligent.

      Delete
  9. Some of those dresses I remember from times gone by some I've never seen before and hope will never see them again but I do think it's fun they dress in crazy gear and it certainly gets them noticed.
    Merle......

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Miley Cyrus certainly got noticed the other night!!

      Delete
  10. I just read a lot of your older posts I've missed a few lately just catching up, found them all amusing many truths were learnt today.
    Merle......

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you're enjoying my posts, but I doubt if you'll learn too much here!!

      Delete
  11. Remember when... once upon a time... celebrities oozed class and glamour?

    I like your comment character this time around. Not a fan of the annoying kid from a couple posts back.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Remember when... once upon a time... celebrities oozed class and glamour?

    I like your comment character this time around. Not a fan of the annoying kid from a couple posts back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I heard you the first time--Stewie's gone!!

      Delete

Your comments make my day, which shows you how boring my life has become.