Follow

Friday, October 18, 2013

RIDDLE ME, RIDDLE ME, RIDDLE ME REE







SCROLL SLOWLY--THE ANSWERS ARE DIRECTLY UNDER THE RIDDLES!!









Canadian geese are known to fly in a "V" shaped as they migrate across the county. The lead goose in the "V" cuts through the air making it easier for the rest of the geese behind him. As that lead goose becomes tired, he will drop off and join one of the sides and a new lead goose will take over. This is done several times as they are flying long distances. So if you look up in the sky and see a "V" shape of geese and one side is longer than the other, do you know what that means?






A: There are more geese on that side.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If a one L-ama is a Tibet monk & a two L-ama is a South American pack animal, what is a three L-ama?






A: A really big fire.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A guy drove to the beach and parked his car close to the water's edge, not realizing it was low tide.  He then he went for a long hike up into the mountains. During his excursion, high tide came and then receded, completely submersing his car for a period of time in the process. When he finally returned to his car, he became very concerned. Why?




  

A: He found out that he had tuna in his Mercury!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Three men die in a car accident on Christmas Eve.  They find themselves at the Pearly Gates.  St. Peter tells them that in order to enter, they must present something associated with Christmas.  The first man digs in his pocket & pulls out a cross, so he is allowed in.  The second man shows St. Peter a rosary, so in he goes.  The third man pulls out a pair of stockings.  St. Peter smiles, winks & lets him in.  Why?






A: St. Peter recognized the stockings--they were Carol's.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A barrel of water weighs 20 pounds.  What do you have to add to make it weigh 12 pounds?






A: Holes.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In New Orleans, Louisiana, you cannot take a picture of a man with a wooden leg.  Why?






A: You need a camera, instead.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

How can you drop a raw egg onto a concrete floor without cracking it?






A: Any way you want.  A raw egg will never crack a concrete floor!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You have five people to feed & two large potatoes.  Without using fractions, how do you make sure everyone gets an equal portion?






A: Make mashed potatoes.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~













Some people wonder what their purpose is in life--mine is to entertain you----fishducky

   











18 comments:

  1. A three L-ama = a really big fire? I don't get it.
    I knew the mashed potato one though, we ate a lot of mashed potato when the kids were little and potatoes were getting scarce before shopping day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a 3 alarmer--a 3 alarm fire. It's not necessary that you understand everything I write--I certainly don't!!

      Delete
  2. I will bet a silk pyjama that you have never seen a three el lllama. And I am with River, I don't get the version you have given us.
    My favourite riddle (other than those you have given us): What is red and invisible?
    Answer: Bloody nothing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You owe me some pj's--& I like your riddle!!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. It must be an American term--the 2 ladies above are from Down Under!!

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Glad you got here--I saved you a seat!!

      Delete
  5. Dear Fishducky, I like riddles although I'm a dunce at solving them!They always bring out the admiration I have for minds that can create them. The tuna in the mercury just tickled my innards! Peace.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you were able to get your innards tickled--they can be hard to reach!!

      Delete
  6. Oh, no! If I have to do a math problem to get into Heaven, I hope The Hurricane can accompany me as far as the gate to give me the answer. Then she can go back home when I'm in.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well I got 100% wrong but they did tickle me.
    I HATE those train math problems, I'd never make it through the gates.:))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All WE can do is hope they don't have them!!

      Delete
  8. You've convinced me that I should endeavor to make as many mistakes as possible. Finally a logic I can understand.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am horrible at riddles, but I have to say that the llama joke is much easier when said out loud with a boston accent. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My mom was born in Lynne, MA so I guess that's how I heard it!!

      Delete

Your comments make my day, which shows you how boring my life has become.