Follow

Monday, October 14, 2013

TODAY'S MENU SELECTIONS: SAVORY VIDEOS AND A SIDE OF SLOW-BAKED JOKES


fishducky's feedery

For an appetizer, may we suggest:
An African rainstorm to cleanse your palate & tempt your taste buds.
(There is almost no sound at the beginning;
it grows as the storm builds.)

Or you might like some fresh fruit.
How about a dog's reaction to lime?

As an entree, we are offering assorted spicy black & white legs:

If you'd prefer, the chef has prepared a tasty ragout, 
which is a virtual kaleidoscope of marvelous flavors:


For dessert, perhaps you would like to choose from
a selection of fine cheeses, pastries, jokes & cartoons:

A snail was mugged by a tortoise. The police said, "Can you give us a description of your attacker?  The snail said, "No, it all happened so fast!"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Down South, Bubba called his attorney and asked, "Is it true they're suin' the cigarette companies for causing people to get cancer?  "Yes, Bubba, sure is true,” responded the lawyer.  "And now someone's suin' them fast food restaurants for making 'em fat and cloggin' their hearts with all them burgers and fries, is that true mister lawyer?" "Sure is, Bubba. But why you asking?"  "Cause what I want to know is, I was thinkin' can I sue Budweiser for all them ugly women I've slept with?"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 A policeman pulls over a drunk driver for not stopping at a stop sign and asks the driver if he even saw the sign. The driver replies, "I did, Officer, but it turned red too fast for me to stop." 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 A young and foolish pilot wanted to sound cool on the aviation frequencies. So, this was his first time approaching a field during the nighttime. Instead of making any official requests to the tower, he said: "Guess who?" The controller switched the field lights off and replied: "Guess where?"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~









If you're too full to finish your meal, we have doggy bags:

Or perhaps you have a cat:

If you think my restaurant is strange, 
then you probably wouldn't care for 
the V Lounge at Opaque in Santa Monica, CA.
You are led into a pitch black dining room by a blind waiter.
(Yes, they really do hire specially trained vision impaired waitstaff.)
It's so dark you literally can't see your hand in front of your face, but that just highlights the flavors of your meal--& your dinner conversation!!
I haven't been there, but I assume their restrooms are lighted.
Huffpost



Time flies like an arrow.  Fruit flies like a banana----fishducky

 




                                                                           


9 comments:

  1. I've heard about restaurants where you eat in the dark. i just don't get it. I like to see what i'm eating. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't get it, either. I get enough food on my clothes when I can see what I'm eating!!

      Delete
  2. It is good to know that I eat healthy also.
    I had heard about that restaurant in the dark. I know sometimes I prepare things that look awful but taste great so maybe a visual isn't really necessary.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As I said to Stephen, I don't worry as much about what goes in as I do about what falls off!!

      Delete
  3. I couldn't possibly deal with a dark restaurant. I can't even sleep in the dark. I need a night light. Or two.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sleeping in the dark--good. Eating in the dark--bad (& messy)!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sleeping in the dark -- scary. I don't care if I'm asleep. I have to get through that bit of time before I fall asleep, and then, of course, I wake up to pee about 20 times during the night.

      Delete
  5. had a good giggle at the flight controller joke and pinched one of your cartoons to reuse as a Wednesday Whimsy. I'll mention where I got it of course.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not necessary. What would you say--"From fishducky, who stole it off the internet"?

      Delete

Your comments make my day, which shows you how boring my life has become.