Follow

Wednesday, October 30, 2013

WEIRD SHOES


I'd much rather go barefoot than ever wear shoes.  I refuse to wear shoes unless it’s absolutely necessary.  I never wear them in the house.  When my kids were small & they’d see me wearing shoes, they’d ask where I was going.  I used to give small dinner fancy parties with crystal, china, sterling & bare feet.  I have broken several toes by bumping them into chairs.

A very good friend of Nameless was a talented cartoonist.  When they were in high school he drew cartoons all over a pair of her white tennis shoes.  Then, on the toes, he named the shoes.  The right one was "Alfred Lord Tennis-shoe" & the left was "Grou-shoe Marx".

I realize my feelings towards shoes makes me different from most women, but then again, so does my brain.  Even if I did love shoes, I probably would never wear these:



 

 

 

 




 

 
or even these:
and, apparently, neither would he:
To see more weird (& even weirder) shoes, click HERE.
If you've had enough & just want to see some cartoons, just scroll down.

Not funny--just some food for thought:









Next post--earrings!!

Do you have grave reservations about Halloween?


From Man Martin.com
et Halloween Costumes


Need some ideas for last minute Halloween 
costumes for your pet? 
                             Click (LINK) then scroll way down to Pet Halloween Costumes.


Happy Halloween tomorrow!!  Remember, a skeleton is just a bunch of bones with the person scraped off----fishducky


    






26 comments:

  1. I'm not one to buy a lot of shoes, I don't see the sense in having so many you could wear a different pair every day of the year, but I do have a couple more pairs than I used to, only because I didn't throw out the old comfy sneakers yet. I like going barefoot too, but it has to be warm enough weather, I like my tootsies comfortable and chilly feet = chilly me.
    I have to say though, that pair of "flipper" heels would come in mighty handy if one was to fall overboard at a swanky yacht party.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, I wish I could go barefoot but bad feet make me even have to wear shoes to go to the bathroom at night. One real advantage, happy unstubbed toes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I see a podiatrist regularly, about every 6 weeks.because of my diabetes. I try not to break a toe until just before I'm due in!!

      Delete
    2. Amazing the things some people will schedule.

      Delete
  3. Mrs. C is just the same about shoes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The same as me or the majority of women on the planet?

      Delete
  4. I have a pair of tennis shoes that I've worn around the world, yet i still haven't worn the pattern off the bottom of the souls. Love the shoe video, And you're right; it is food for thought.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love shoes, but no high heels and I don't wear shoes in the house. My feet are comfortably naked.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wear high heels AT ALL anymore!!

      Delete
  6. I am with you here. All the way - toes on display. I wear shoes if I have to - and mostly sandals. And all my shoes are flat. I look at 'so called' desirable shoes and see expense, back pain and sore feet. NOT for me.
    Now earrings on the other hand...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies

    1. You are obviously my kind of people!!

      Delete
  7. Photo's of shoes are funny. We need to wear correct shoes for our leg in order to avoid knee and backbone pain.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dear Fishducky, like you, I go barefoot in the house and out in the yard. Well, not in the yard during the winter months! I, too, have banged my toes a lot on furniture and table legs. But the freedom of shoeless feet is ecstasy. I don't even like to wear socks to bed.

    But I do like shoes and when I was young I wore quite fashionable ones. No longer. Those examples you displayed on this post range from the ridiculous to the laugh-out-loud funny. Thanks. Peace.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes I feel like my furniture has a contract out on me!!

      Delete
  9. My tootsies don't like to be caged up in shoes, either. Besides, it's much easier to break (and rebreak) my toes if they aren't stifled by a pair of clodhoppers. Around the house, a comfy pair of moccasins or plain ol' socks works just fine for me. It makes me shudder to think of the stiletto heels I used to like to wear. (Or to be more honest... my hubby used to like me to wear.) Now, a few sexy pairs still languish at the back of my closet, and I just wave at them every once in a while as I walk past.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't even like socks or slippers. Say "Hi" to your stilettos for me!!

      Delete
  10. I don't get the things with shoes. I only have 3 pairs. :) Handbags on the other hand...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have lots of shoes, but I only wear a few pairs--& I almost never change my purse!!

      Delete
  11. From Melynda: Those shoes are ridiculous. I hate shoes too. However, I do have a fondness for boots. I don't know why I love them though. AND YOU SHOULD WEAR SHOES WOMAN!!!!! You are diabetic.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day, which shows you how boring my life has become.