Follow

Monday, November 4, 2013

WEIRD EARRINGS

The score on this post seems to be Google 1, fishducky 0!!  On Friday, when this was supposed to run, only selected (not by me) people got it so I'm running it again today--I HOPE!!

Maybe this is why:


Chuck Norris earrings should keep muggers away!!

I think Nameless was in middle school (Jr. High, to us) when we went on a vacation & a friend, Lynn, moved in to babysit our kids.  (Note: We used to take two trips a year. One was with the kids--a trip.  The other was just the two of us--A VACATION!)  She had been wanting to have her ears pierced for a long time & Bud finally permitted it. He told Lynn she could take her & have it done.  His only stipulation was that she must have it done by our doctor.  He was apparently very concerned about the well being of his darling little girl. They went to our doctor, who pierced both ears, & she was just fine.   A few months later, I decided to have my ears pierced & told Bud that I was going to make a doctor's appointment to have it done.  He said, & I quote, "Why go to the doctor's?  Won't they pierce your ears free at the jewelry store if you buy earrings?"  'Nuff said!!

We were in the Caribbean with two secretaries from Bud's office.  They were our guests. (Having Bud as a boss did have its perks.)  One of them, Yolanda, had worn the same pair of earrings since she was a little baby.  She didn't even own another pair.  She had decided to give them to her niece & wanted to buy a pair of diamond earrings while in the islands because they were cheaper there & duty free.  I was with the other secretary in another part of the store while Yoli looked for earrings.  She called us over & asked if we thought the pair she was trying on were too big for her--she is very petite. The saleswoman laughed & said, "Honey, there's no such thing as diamonds that are too big!"   

Have you ever noticed that when you compliment someone on their earrings, they will automatically reach up & touch them to see which ones they're wearing?  Try it--I can almost guarantee that's what will happen!!

I have two piercings in my left ear & one in my right.
Maybe I am unbalanced--my husband thinks so!!
I have lots of earrings, but none quite like these:
The Vulcan look

I will never lose my cell phone again!

These are sort of neat.
They glow in the dark!




















I don't want to brag or make anyone feel bad, but I can still fit into my first pair of earrings----fishducky

   





21 comments:

  1. Some of those earrings I wouldn't wear if you paid me, but I do like that snake and the vulcan look one. I have two piercings in both ears, but rarely bother with earrings these days, just keeping the sleepers in. In high school my oldest daughter wore paper clips and giant safety pins as earrings, later she had multiple piercings right up the ear lobes. I told her she had "tear along the dotted line" ears. she's 40 now and has let most of the holes close over. Grand daughter has those ear plugs that stretch the holes, I think hers are about 2-3cm now, I really hate that look, but they are her ears so I have no say.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Fishducky, I didn't wear ear rings when I was younger. But after I left the convent I got my ears pierced and ever since I've bought ear rings that seem beautiful to me. Bracelets and ear rings are my favorite jewelry items and I have a lot of both! And truly I've never before seen a cartoon about ear rings! You are a wonder woman at finding these. Peace.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I probably have a hundred pairs of earrings, but I've gotten lazy. I'm wearing gold hoops which I don't think I've changed for a year or more!!

      Delete
  3. Some of those earrings are pretty freaky. I have two piercings in each ear and sometimes wear four different earrings. I have to find some way to amuse myself.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mrs. C wants me to get my nose pierced...what's up with that.

    Bud sounds like a great boss!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know about your nose (maybe it's to attach the ring), but this is from an old post: "I wish I could claim this as my idea, but I have to admit that Rita Rudner, the comedienne, thought of it first. She believes that all prospective bridegrooms should have their ears pierced before the wedding ceremony. This single action would teach him two very important lessons in preparation for marriage. The groom would learn how to endure pain--& to buy jewelry. Works for me!!"

      Delete
  5. From Melynda: I should have worked for Bud. Sigh...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He only had 3 or 4 secretaries in all the years he practiced!!

      Delete
  6. Would any one seriously wear the toilet tissue ones? I do believe that the snake ones are from a couple of centuries ago worn by people who consider a snake to be of power.
    My daughter has a pair that have very cute little keys. The whole piece is less than half an inch long and still she thinks it is too much..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're probably right about the snakes--but, to each his own!!

      Delete
  7. I have two piercings in my right ear, and one in my left. And lots and lots of earrings. And of course I check which ones I have in when someone mentions them? How good do you think my memory is? Answer - it isn't.
    Love these, but don't think I would wear them. Or then again. On a truly crappy day the toilet tissue ones might make me smile.
    Love this post - and am glad that you put it up again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I'm glad that you came over to read it!!

      Delete
  8. Interesting earrings but I'll just settle for two big chunks of diamond. Girls best friend, you know. What is that old saying of Mae Wests? I was trying to think of it just this weekend, trying to tell my granddaughter who had never heard it. You must remember it.... goes something like ...... from age 20 to 30 a gal needs good looks..... from 30 to 4o she needs a good personality and beyond 50 she needs good investments. Is that it? Something like that.

    Love that Flamenco dress on the gal with the Chuck Norris earrings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She had some GREAT lines!! Remember "When choosing between two evils, I always like to try the one I've never tried before."?

      Delete
  9. Wow, what a wild collection of earrings. Some might be fun to wear just for the shock factor, but I hate those earlobe holes big enough to drive a Mack truck through. They totally creep me out. I don't imagine they "close" nearly as easily as a standard ear piercing when the person grows tired of them, either. (So I wonder what a grown-up establishment dude can do to hide such thought-it-was-a-good-idea-at-the-time cavernous holes in his ears? Stick corks in 'em?)

    Another fun post. (As usual!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I imagine they do the same thing as they do with a wild tattoo--live with it!!

      Delete
  10. ouch… that cell phone! I like to make earrings and have used a lot of fun stuff but nothing like these … hahaa ~ in out

    You must subscribe to cartoon world.. what fun all of them are ….

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not familiar with cartoon world--I'm clicking over to take a look now!!

      Delete

Your comments make my day, which shows you how boring my life has become.