Follow

Monday, January 13, 2014

YOU EITHER LIKE BACON OR YOU'RE WRONG!


I always get the Bacon Brothers confused, so I made myself this cheat sheet:
Kevin N. Bacon - Actor 
Michael A. Bacon - Musician 
Chris P. Bacon - Delicious
jokebuddha.com

Of course, what makes breakfast in bed so special is you're lying down and eating bacon, the most beautiful thing on earth. Bacon's the best, even the frying of bacon sounds like applause. YEAAAA BACON!!!! You wanna hear how good bacon is? To improve other food they wrap it in bacon. If it wasn't for bacon we wouldn't even know what a water chestnut is. "Thank you, bacon. Sincerely, Water Chestnut the third"
Jim Gaffigan

Three couples go out to breakfast. The first husband says to his wife, "Pass the honey, honey." The second man says to his wife, "Pass the sugar, sweetie." The third guy, perhaps not quite understanding the situation, says to his wife "Pass the bacon, you fat pig". 
jokes4us.com

There are MANY useful bacon products available.  Here is just a small sampling:


















Which look like this inside:

It has a place in politics:


Bacon can even be a major factor in the selection of a religion:


Bacon has been known to make news:

Some helpful signs:


Some deep philosophical thoughts on today's subject:







See a bacon wrapped 2014 
Ford Fiesta HERE:



Still have room for some cartoons?












This cartoon (thank you, Shirley) has nothing to do with today's post, 
but with the polar vortex I thought it was timely:







"Friends are like the bacon bits in the salad bowl of life"----Homer Simpson (& fishducky)

  




27 comments:

  1. You said it Missy. Last night we had cornbread that had cheddar cheese and crispy beacon in it. I almost had an organ-ism right there at the table.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I saw in your post that Jilda was making that cornbread I could ALMOST taste it!!

      Delete
  2. I LOVE bacon but my annual tests say never. I interpret "never" to mean once a month. Regardless I have it in writing that if I am on death row awaiting the needle, bring on the bacon. That also applies to nursing home menu choices. Can't hurt me then.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always thought NEVER meant no more than once a week!!

      Delete
  3. Can you wrap a matza ball in bacon?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't see why not, if a Rabbi blessed it first!!

      Delete
  4. Chocolate covered bacon is pretty yummy in small doses-- that whole salty/sweet thing.
    BTW- wouldn't bacon in a toaster be a fire hazard?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They stopped manufacturing it--maybe that's why!!

      Delete
  5. Dear Fishducky, well . . . as a vegetarian for 34 years, I can hardly remember what bacon tastes like. But I have visited family during those years and smelt them cooking bacon for breakfast so I can remember the smell and it truly is enticing! The flow chart you provided was a hoot!

    I've been away from blogging for other a month, so if you have any posting you'd especially like me to read, please do let me know. Peace.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Being totally unbiased, I think ALL my posts are Pulitzer worthy, but you might especially enjoy I HOPE I HAD A GOOD TIME (12/21/13), HO, HO, HO (12/25/13) & DON'T SCREW WITH SENIORS (12/27/13). Welcome back!!

      Delete
    2. Dear Fishducky, I'll read those three tomorrow. Thanks for suggesting them. Peace.

      Delete
  6. Like Dee I am a vegetarian. So you have given me yet another reason to know that I am wrong. Thanks - I think.
    PS: My father was jewish - and particularly fond of 'four-legged' chicken. All of it. Where there is a will there is a way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought I knew EVERYTHING--but what is a "four-legged chicken"?

      Delete
    2. Some people would call four legged chicken pork. Not my father. If he did, he would have to feel bad about eating it...

      Delete
    3. That would be some BIG chicken!!

      Delete
  7. I've seen bacon-flavored gum. I must go on the record as a Christian to say that I don't have a problem with gay people and I love women, but I don't mean that in a lesbianish way.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  8. You might find this hard to believe but I'm not a big fan of bacon. Mrs. C. can't get enough, though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stephen, that's just SICK--good thing you have Mrs. C!!

      Delete
  9. I never knew there were so many bacon things.
    Merle..............

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You realize, of course, that my list did NOT cover everything!!

      Delete
  10. I don't know what is worse, the toothpaste or the Diet Coke. But then I got to the deli sign.... BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAaaaa!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought that sign was pretty clever, myself!!

      Delete
  11. fishducky, fishducky, fishducky.....I laughed so hard! I love bacon jokes. I'm astounded at the missing bacon article. The woman ate 5 pounds of bacon as a late night snack? FIVE pounds?? and how the heck did the husband not hear or smell it cooking? I love the bacon roses, but I think bacon flavoured baby formula is going a bit too far. I've actually seen bacon bandaids, my daughter had a box of those once.
    I almost never eat bacon anymore.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So that was YOU I heard laughing!! I eat bacon whenever I can. My husband does the marketing & he now brings home turkey "bacon"--but it's just not the same!!

      Delete

Your comments make my day, which shows you how boring my life has become.