Follow

Wednesday, March 5, 2014

IF I ONLY HAD A BRAIN




A family went to a hospital, where one of their relatives would be having a brain transplant. One of the relatives asked, "What will the cost of a new brain be?" The doctor replied, "A female brain costs $25,000 and a male brain costs $50,000." The men smirked, but one of the females asked, "Why is that, doctor?" "Well," the doctor replied,” the female brain is less because it's been used."

You've seen this with the letters out of order, but this is probably the first time you've seen it with numbersGood example of a Brain Study: If you can read this OUT LOUD you have a strong mind. And better than that: Alzheimer's is a long, long, way down the road before it ever gets anywhere near you.  (The translation is at the end of the post.)

7H15 M3554G3 53RV35 7O PR0V3 H0W 0UR M1ND5 C4N
D0 4M4Z1NG 7H1NG5! 1MPR3551V3 7H1NG5! 1N 7H3 B3G1NN1NG
17 WA5 H4RD BU7 N0W, 0N 7H15 LIN3 Y0UR M1ND 1S R34D1NG 17
4U70M471C4LLY W17H0U7 3V3N 7H1NK1NG 4B0U7 17.
B3 PROUD! 0NLY C3R741N P30PL3 C4N R3AD 7H15.


Try this--it's not as easy as it looks:


This might be a little easier:



Since I don't want to overtax your brains, 
the rest of this post will be cartoons:










The translation:

THIS MESSAGE SERVES TO PROVE HOW OUR MINDS CAN
DO AMAZING THINGS! IMPRESSIVE THINGS! IN THE BEGINNING
IT WAS HARD BUT NOW, ON THIS LINE YOUR MIND IS READING IT
AUTOMATICALLY WITHOUT EVEN THINKING ABOUT IT.
BE PROUD! ONLY CERTAIN PEOPLE CAN READ THIS.



Remember, God loves you, but I’m His favorite----fishducky
 











20 comments:

  1. You shameful flatterer. I could read that brain study - with very little difficulty. I remember that terrible colours test - a neuropsychologist inflicted it on me some years back. A whole page of it.
    Loved the cartoons.
    How are you doing?
    Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea, I passed both tests though the color thingy took some concentration. Loved the used brain price. How true. Thanks for the tweaking and chuckles.
    Hope you are still doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No problem with the colors, maybe because I'm color blind.

    ReplyDelete
  4. After taking these tests this morning I've decided it might not be a good idea for me to operate heavy equipment today.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Fishducky, in an effort to use my brain more, I've begun memorizing poetry. I used to do this in grade/high school/college but stopped when I was around 22. I began again last week and memorized one four-stanza poem by Wendell Berry. This week I'm working on the poem "Ulysses" by Alfred Lord Tennyson. I've memorized 11 lines thus far. I'm telling you that memorizing used to be so easy. But I'm thinking that if I stick with this, it will become easier again. Peace.

    ReplyDelete
  6. pass the tests.. I'm so relieved.. LOL .... GREAT to see you! somewhere I read we shed so many thousands of brain cells a day ... and booze helps shed... poor ol brain cells. I guess the more brainy folk are born with more to begin with and so that's why Betty White is still going strong... y'think? wonder if she drinks

    Glad you're up and about!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. passED .... no please don't pass the tests... makes me squirmy

      Delete
    2. I wonder how many brain cells I have left?

      Delete
  7. Why is reading that thing supposed to be hard? If I can do something, then it's not difficult.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ha Ha! This message serves to prove how our minds can do amazing things! Impressive things! In the beginning it was hard, but now on this line your mind is reading this automatically without even thinking about it. Be proud! Only certain people can read this.
    I'm rather pleased I managed this, without any trouble once I sorted out the first two words. Going back to read the rest of the post now....

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh. I see you posted the solution. I should have checked. Anyway...I love the cartoons, especially "I was going to sue the neurosurgeon but then he changed my mind."
    My brain has the lyrics of Air Supply tunes in it, but I don't think it's in love. Maybe it's in love with Air Supply tunes...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As long as it's in love with SOMETHING!!

      Delete
  10. It is so fun to read your blogs
    I have been doing puzzles since I turned fifty just so my brain stays active.LOL

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day, which shows you how boring my life has become.