Follow

Friday, May 16, 2014

OUT OF THE MOUTHS OF BABES




My friend asked his grandson when he would turn 6. He replied, "When I'm tired of being 5."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 
Seeing her first hailstorm, Mary Sue, age 3, exclaimed, "Mommy, it's raining dumplings!" 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Announcing to daughter Lori that her aunt just had a baby and it looked like her uncle, she said, "You mean he has a mustache?"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Kidioms" is a word invented by Robyn at hollowtreeventures.com.  The following kidioms are mine:

Don’t put all your Legos in one basket, leave some on the floor.

When it rains, it pours & it’s easier to drive Mommy crazy.

Don't burn your bridges behind you; it pisses off the fire department.

Ask a silly question & mommy will put it in her blog.

A father & his money are soon parted.

Money doesn’t grow in Daddy’s wallet.

The best things in life are candy & ice cream.

Take care of the pennies & your brothers will take care of themselves.

Money talks—it always says “Goodbye.”

Never a borrower nor a stealer be.  

A brat & his allowance are soon parted.

Money is the root of all new toys & games.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

GOOD ADVICE FROM REAL KIDS (These are from ArcaMax)

"Never trust a dog to watch your food."  

"When your dad is mad and asks you, 'Do I look stupid?'  Don't answer." 

"Never tell your Mom her diet's not working."

"Stay away from prunes."

"Don't pull your Dad's finger when he tells you to."

"When your Mom is mad at your dad, don't let her brush your hair." 

"Never let your three-year old brother in the same room as your school assignment." 

"A puppy always has bad breath--even after eating a Tic-Tac." 

"Never hold a Dustbuster and a cat at the same time." 

"You can't hide a piece of broccoli in a glass of milk."

"Don't wear polka-dot underwear under white shorts."  

"If you want a kitten, start out by asking for a horse."

"Felt-tip markers are not good to use as lipstick."

"Don't pick on your sister when she's holding a baseball bat."

"When you get a bad grade in school, show it to your Mom when she's on the phone."  

"Never try to baptize a cat." 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~










Please take a look at Haley-Eszti's post today.  (link) 

If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done? ----fishducky

 





8 comments:

  1. Children actually say those things?
    Maybe I should have listened more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. In response to Mary Sue's comment about the hailstorm, I don't believe I wanta eat the dumplings at HER house.

    Another great post, as always. Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ouch on the mobile phone/security blanket issue. Close to the bone.
    There are some gems here.
    And sitting for hours waiting for the doctor is something I have done far too much of this week.
    I hope you are in less pain, and getting better. Quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I learned the hard way that you can't trust a dog to watch your food. Lots of great laughs here. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The children truisms are marvelous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I remember when Favorite Young Man wanted me to buy something. I think he was four or five years old. I said, I don't have any money. He said, Then go to the bank and get some.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the advice from real kids bit! Also noticed you linked my post at the end, thank you so much, very kind of you! I hope you are as well as can be
    Hayley-Eszti

    ReplyDelete
  8. This was great and to top it off, I read Janie's comment above and got a bonus laugh!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day, which shows you how boring my life has become.