Follow

Friday, August 8, 2014

"IF DR. SEUSS WAS A TECHNICAL WRITER" AND SOME OTHER STUFF



"IF DR. SEUSS WAS A TECHNICAL WRITER"

If a packet hits a pocket 
on a socket on a port, 
and the work is interrupted 
as a very last resort,

and the address of the memory 
makes your floppy disk abort, 
then the socket packet pocket 

has an error to report.  

If your cursor finds a menu item 
followed by a dash, 
and the double-clicking icon 
puts your window in the trash, 

and your data is corrupted 
cause the index doesn't hash, 
then your situation's hopeless 
and your system's gonna crash! 

If the label on the cable 
on the table at your house, 
says the network is connected 
to the button on your mouse, 

but your packets want to tunnel 
on another protocol, 
that's repeatedly rejected 
by the printer down the hall, 

and your screen is all distorted 
by the side effects of gauss, 
so your icons in the window 
are as wavy as a souse, 

then you may as well reboot 
and go out with a bang, 
cause as sure as I'm a poet, 
the sucker's gonna hang! 

When the copy of your floppy's 
getting sloppy on the disk, 
And the microcode instructions 
cause unnecessary risk, 

Then you have to flash your memory 
and you'll want to RAM your ROM 
Quickly tu
rn off the computer 
and be sure to tell your mom!
ArcaMax.com





I don't remember this book:





Today you are You, that is truer than true!  There is no one alive that is Youer than You----Dr. Seuss (& fishducky)

 











25 comments:

  1. I do love Dr Seuss. A sadly underrated man. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are all fabulous but I like the last one best...it describes our entire family...we have fallen into weirdness together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The man was a genius. I'm not ashamed to admit I still own several of his books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Once my son Blake called me. He had bet a friend that I could recite "One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish". He put his friend on the phone & he won his bet!!

      Delete
  4. Not having any small children when he became popular, I now realize I missed some real gems of wisdom .Well it is not too late.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's never too late
      To fill your plate
      With ham or goose
      Or Dr. Seuss!!

      Delete
  5. A very good chuckle and a snort too on a Friday. Success. thanks for posting these

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm always proud to get a snort--thank you!!

      Delete
  6. Dr. Seuss? A technical writer? Somehow, I think it would be beneath his dignity.

    But what do Bears really know?

    Blessings and Bear hugs, Fishducky!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that you (& Yogi) are smarter than the average bear!!

      Delete
  7. Ha! Dr. Seuss definitely looked through the other end of the telescope. Interesting man! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fun stuff! Who doesn't love Dr. Seuss? True confession: I gave all our Dr. Seuss books to the grandchildren... except one. "Yertle the Turtle." I kept that one.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've never heard Dr Seuss quite like that before. I love the poems!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I try to open your eyes--& your mind!!

      Delete
  10. A great treasure of wisdom and fun. Thanks for the early morning cheer.

    ReplyDelete
  11. My favorite author! I have his website bookmarked!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you read them to your grandbabies!!

      Delete
    2. SERIOUSLY .... I still have my son's Dr. Seuss' books .. EVERYone of them ;)

      Delete
  12. I don't know how I missed this post, but it's hilarious.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was wondering where you were--I couldn't find you anywhere!!

      Delete

Your comments make my day, which shows you how boring my life has become.