Follow

Friday, November 21, 2014

BE KIND TO STRANGERS



I can’t remember if I’ve told you this story before, but I can’t find it in my records.  My mind is usually like a steel trap.  I can remember every single thing!!  Why, just the other day…who’s calling, please?

Anyway, my friend was throwing a cocktail party in her apartment.  She finished preparing her platters & set them on the kitchen counter under the window.  Her guests were due in just under an hour.  Pleased to have everything done so early, she took a leisurely shower.  She got dressed, put on her makeup & returned to the kitchen.  It had started raining hard while she was showering & the window above the food was open.  The rain was coming through the dirty window screen & coating the food below.  She climbed on the counter to close the window.  She slipped on the wet, dirty counter, fell on the food & landed on the floor with a sore ankle!!

The phone rang & she limped over to answer it.  She cried & complained at length to the caller about her guest’s imminent arrival, the ruined food, her now dirty clothes & her sore ankle..  The caller responded with short, sympathetic comments & let her continue ranting & raving.  After several minutes, she realized she didn’t know who she was talking to.  After checking, it turned out to be a wrong number.  She asked the man why he had continued to listen to her complain when he didn’t even know her.  He said that she obviously was having such a bad night, he didn’t have the heart to interrupt!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A guy was sitting in a bar when a stranger walked up to him and asked, "If you woke up in the woods and scratched your butt and felt Vaseline, would you tell anyone?"  "Hell no!" the guy said.  The stranger then asked, "If you felt further into your crack and pulled out a used condom, would you tell anyone?"  The man said, "Of course not."  The stranger asked, "Wanna go camping?"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~











The next time you’re in an elevator with half a dozen strangers, turn & say, “I’m sure you’re wondering why I’ve called this meeting!!”----fishducky


 






28 comments:

  1. I LOVE if you can't be kind at least have the decency to be vague.
    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry--could you be more specific?

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. So do I--I wish I could remember who I stole it from so I could give them credit!!

      Delete
  3. I've got to try that "you can see me?" line.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Be kind to strangers...remember, they are already burdened with being strange.

    Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think "stranger" would mean that they are stranger than YOU!!

      Delete
  5. Ah, but strangers are not always as strange as they appear. Some of them are disgustingly like us!

    Blessings and Bear hugs (just like the Bear in the cartoon).

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know I won't be going camping with that guy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The camping stranger was really creepy, but the rest of the strangers seemed okay--LOL! ;) I have found strangers to be pretty kind on the whole.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me, too. When Bud & I were in London many years ago we wanted to wash our clothes, which we had put in a suitcase with rollers. We asked a woman where to find a laundromat & she INSISTED on walking with us so we wouldn't get lost!!

      Delete
  8. The cartoons made me laugh so hard, and I love the cocktail party story. I talk to strangers quite a bit. I like them better than the people I know.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes, you're absolutely right. Inappropriate humor is the best.

    Thanks for all the chuckles. Here's to a happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've always been a sucker for inappropriate humor--I think it's the shock value!!

      Delete
  10. Love the one "next time a stranger talks to me".....such a laugh on this Friday afternoon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope Delores tries it & reports back!!

      Delete
  11. I found a pair of pants on Esty that have giant pink letters down the side that say "cranky pants".

    I figure that way, with having given fair warning, it's game on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Much nicer to wear in public than the ones that say F**K OFF!!

      Delete
  12. All new material to me! Thanks. I know what I'd say to that camping invitation and it isn't yes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that would be the better choice!!

      Delete
  13. Love the story about the woman who was about to have the party. What a kind hearted man to listen to the whole spiel.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for this, thanks for being you and being there for us, and have a happy Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day, which shows you how boring my life has become.