Follow

Friday, November 28, 2014

PLEASE SIGN THE REGISTER, MR. FIDO


My friend, Barbara, is a dog nut, but she hasn't owned one in several years.  When we're out together & she sees someone with a dog, she always pets it, explaining to the owner that she needs a dog fix.  She  had a rescue cat, which she recently had to put down.  Barb lives across the street from our former beach condo.  Anyway, there was a small toy poodle that had been wandering through the complex, eating food that the neighbors would leave for her.  She thwarted all efforts to catch her, even by animal control.  Someone finally got her & brought her over to Barbara who, of course, kept her.  She said she looked like a dirty mop until the vet bathed her & checked her out.  She was surprisingly healthy & about a year old.  Barb's had a lot of problems in her life & with her health lately & she said she'd never get another dog.  This one is in love with her & follows her around like a baby duck so she's decided to keep her.  She needs a name, though. A blogging friend, Rita at Soul Comfort's Corner has a cat named Karma. I thought that would be a perfect name for this dog.  She likes it, but she has to run it by her family.  What do you think? Do you have any other suggestions?

If you are on my Ducky List you've seen the following story & video:


A man wrote a letter to a small hotel in a Midwest town he planned to visit on his vacation.

He wrote: “I would very much like to bring my dog with me .He is well-groomed and very well behaved. Would you be willing to permit me to keep him in my room with me at night?"

An immediate reply came from the hotel owner, who wrote: “Sir: I've been operating this hotel for many years. In all that time, I've never had a dog steal towels, bedclothes, silverware or steal pictures off the walls or use them as a coloring book. I've never had to evict a dog in the middle of the night for being drunk and disorderly. And I've never had a dog run out on a hotel bill. Yes, indeed, your dog is welcome at 
my hotel. And, if your dog will vouch for you, you're welcome to stay here, too."


The rest of the post is about cats:








The past is unchangeable; the future is unknown and now is a gift--that's why it's called the present----fishducky

 






28 comments:

  1. Love the way you have addressed the attitude of cats! We don't have one, prefer dogs, but I think they are awesome, especially Garfield. As for your friend's new dog? How about "Q" for rescue?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fur and purr therapy is very, very good. Which is a bonus - because my furring, purring therapy machines cause stress as well as alleviating it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Is that like side effects from drugs?

      Delete
  3. yes.... LOVE the kitten therapy ... ;) and stole it ... if she doesn't like cat hair .. .she needs to stay off the furniture.

    That is some serious good advice ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can't steal something from me if it isn't mine--I glommed it off the net!! I saw your Facebook post.

      Delete
  4. As a grandmum to 4 cats, 3 of them are very good at reliving my stress levels but one is a stress ball she pulls her fur out, over cleans and fights with the others but has the nicest cuddles of the lot.
    Merle.........

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's a stress ball in EVERY group of cats--& people!!

      Delete
    2. Merle; I heard recently that over cleaning can be a sign of hyperthyroidism, perhaps a check with the vet is needed?

      Delete
  5. Of course, Karma is an awesome name! LOL! But when I was reading the story for some reason I was thinking Magnet or Maggie for short. But Karma is good. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love, "Human anatomy by your cat." But there were many laughs here. Happy weekend. Take care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Rita's Karma. It's a brilliant name. I like names of authors and characters in books. I'm glad Barbara is happy with her new shadow.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Perhaps the dog's name should be Shadow.

      Delete
  8. I am almost too relaxed now to leave a comment but will try. Loved the post. Aw shoot, cat therapy was just too effective, I'll try to do better on your next post.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't thin of a name, I guess kitten therapy will do that to you. Please say hello to Barbara and let her know I am so happy she and the little dog fell in love.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for these cartoons, a couple have made their way into my Whimsical Wednesday files.
    I'm glad the dog found Barbara, sometimes those things are just meant to be. Is there a name that means sent by god?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found these on Yahoo but they don't seem to fit her!! Johanna - Hebrew, Apollina, Dorotea- Spanish, Giovanna, Ivana, Janetta, Michelle, Mika, Sheena, Vanna, Zanna. Barb sort of likes Maggie!!

      Delete
  11. "Cranial perch"....ha ha ha ha....so true!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day, which shows you how boring my life has become.