Follow

Wednesday, November 12, 2014

WHAT DO YOU CALL A GROUP OF...?

A confusion of fishduckies


I'm sure you've all heard of a gaggle of geese & a pride of lions, but you may not be familiar with the actual names of these groups:


        1. A Congregation of Alligators

       2. A Cauldron of Bats

         3. A Sleuth of Bears

         4. A Flutter of Butterflies

        5. A Clowder of Cats

         6. A Coalition of Cheetahs

         7. A Harem of Chimpanzees

        8. A Quiver of Cobras

         9. An Intrusion of Cockroaches

         10. A Consortium of Crabs

        11. A Murder of Crows

         12. A Convocation of Eagles

        13. A Battalion of Falcons

         14. A Business of Ferrets

         15. A Skulk of Foxes

         16. A Tower of Giraffes

        17. A Horde of Hamsters

        18. A Thunder of Hippos

         19. A Cackle of Hyenas

         20. A Shadow of Jaguars

         21. A Bloom of Jellyfish

         22. A Court of Kangaroos

         23. A Conspiracy of Lemurs

         24. A Risk of Lobsters

         25. A Scourge of Mosquitoes

         26. A Wisdom of Owls

         27. A Prickle of Porcupines

        28. A Nursery of Raccoons

        29. A Maelstrom of Salamanders

         30. A Shoal of Seahorses

         31. A Shiver of Sharks

         32. A Hood of Snails

        33. An Audience of Squid

         34. A Cream of Turkeys
 

         35. A Pot of Water Buffalo

ed.com/donnad/36-bizarre-group-names-for-animals


There are many other groups that as of yet have not been given names.  Here are some of my proposals:

A flash of streakers
An ogle of strippers
A penmanship of forgers
A giggle of cartoonists
A suture of surgeons
An owwie of dentists
An anorexia of fashion models
A babble of bloggers
A hammer of handymen
A gas of anesthesiologists
A rotisserie of chefs
An objection of lawyers
A belly of beer drinkers
An unemployment of musicians
A disappearance of magicians
A pondering of consultants
A woof of dogs
A multiplication of mathematicians
A pfffft of burst balloons
A snowfall of dandruff
A scratch of bug bites
A knead of masseurs
An alteration of tailors
A curl of hairdressers
A flush of poker players
A disintegration of senior citizens
A dunk of basketball players
A ballast of sumo wrestlers


ABBOTT AND COSTELLO (1953) 

Costello: Do we have to milk that bunch of cows?
Abbott: That's not a bunch, that's a herd.
Costello: Heard of what?
Abbott: Herd of cows.
Costello: Of course I've heard of cows.
Abbott: No, not heard of cows, that's a cow herd.
Costello: What's a cow heard? I don't care what a cow's heard, I haven't said anything to be ashamed of.













I wake up every day planning on being productive & then a voice in my head says, "Ha, ha, good one!" & we laugh & take a nap----fishducky

 










41 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Really? I hear they're much nastier than water buffalo!!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. We don't need no stinkin' badges--I mean boats--fishduckies can swim!!

      Delete
    2. Cherdo just had a duck-shaped bathtub drawing on her blog. It would be perfect for you.

      Delete
    3. Thanks--I saw it & commented!!.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. You are a staunch member of my fellowship of followers!!

      Delete
  4. Thanks for the Wednesday chuckles Fishducky....Some of those groups of critters were a bit gross! A Squirm of Worms???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Was that as bad as the Intrusion of Cockroaches?

      Delete
  5. An exhaustion of grandparents....a giggle of grandchildren....a frustration of mothers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the thinning the herd cartoons. I'd always heard it was a" parliament" of owls.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had only heard of the cats and crows. I like your suggestions! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. In this house at any rate it is A chaos of cats....
    Some brilliant ones here - thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. These made me both giggle and gape. Really? A cream of turkeys? Hmmm

    ReplyDelete
  10. You came up with all those suggestions? Well, as I have always said, a brilliant woman, that's what you are. No doubt!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well I learned somethings I didn't know and had a giggle.
    Merle................

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are here to edjicate you,I mean egicate you,I mean to make you smarter!!

      Delete
  12. Enjoyed the group names and was kind of sad we humans didn't have any but then you took care of that for us. I'd add a hammock of lazies so I would also have a group.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like a woof of dogs. That's a good one. A scourge of mosquitoes makes perfect sense since they love to feast on me.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They don't touch Bud, either, but they seem to find me delicious!! Can it be that you & I are too sweet for our own good?

      Delete
    2. Definitely. That's the explanation.

      Delete
  14. An entertaining contribution to a sad and difficult world. Thanks fishducky — however many of them you are!

    Blessings and Ber hugs!

    I agree with the Bears in the cartoon: need to do some thinning out. Start at the Capital in Washington, D.C.?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would absolutely be the #1 place to start!!

      Delete
  15. LOVE your final line, that's me too!
    I've heard of a clowder of cats, from Sheldon Cooper on the Big Bang Theory and I knew a murder of crows, but all the others are new to me. I really like your list too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome to the club--I'm glad you could attend the meeting!!

      Delete
  16. Did you start that cat tree from seeds or did you buy a live plant?

    Does it drop leaves...or worse?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I started several from kittens, but this is the only one that grew. I think I planted the others too deep!!

      Delete
  17. I am an American man, and I have decided to boycott American women. In a nutshell, American women are the most likely to cheat on you, to divorce you, to get fat, to steal half of your money in the divorce courts, don’t know how to cook or clean, don’t want to have children, etc. Therefore, what intelligent man would want to get involved with American women?

    American women are generally immature, selfish, extremely arrogant and self-centered, mentally unstable, irresponsible, and highly unchaste. The behavior of most American women is utterly disgusting, to say the least.

    This blog is my attempt to explain why I feel American women are inferior to foreign women (non-American women), and why American men should boycott American women, and date/marry only foreign (non-American) women.

    BOYCOTT AMERICAN WOMEN!

    www.boycottamericanwomen.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The ONLY reason I did not delete this comment was so my readers could see a perfect example of assholeism!!

      Delete
  18. I could never come up with such brilliance! A brew of tea drinkers? Could that be one?!

    Some really cute animal photos in the mix too!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day, which shows you how boring my life has become.