Follow

Friday, December 12, 2014

IT SEEMED LIKE A GOOD IDEA AT THE TIME








"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it." --Mark Twain 


I don't think this post needs a lot of extra words!!




I'm not sure why, but these people thought it would be a good idea to:

Slide down the pole:


Jump to safety:

Dive into the backyard pool:

Play in the kiddie playground:

Hitch a ride on the shopping cart:

Show that the electric fence was safe:

Toss the smoke bomb without aiming:

Take a running jump onto the swing
to avoid walking in the mud:

Drive through a narrow aisle in the warehouse:

Take a spin on the bedpost:



Get the concrete out of the truck the easy way: 

Hide from the police: 

Adjust the windshield wiper during the car wash:

                                   Try out the swings he had just set up for his kids:

Avoid carrying that heavy TV set up the stairs:


Show off their excellent balance:

Use the escalator while in a wheelchair:

Or use the rail as a slide:

Jump on the bed when your kid was there:

Put firecrackers under a bowl:

Go roof surfing:

Or to have your picture taken under a horse:
(All pictures courtesy BuzzFeed)

I guess there is a small possibility they didn't think it out first!!

My reaction to seeing this stuff:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Now these ideas might just work:

A hair dryer for kids who won't sit still:










(Variations on Normal by Dominic Wilcox) 


How to eat popcorn while using the computer:










Dealing with morons is like trying to teach hieroglyphics to a beagle----fishducky

 


















29 comments:

  1. The world is full of small minds and big ideas.....I was a little concerned about the fate of the kid on the bed..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So was I, but I ASSUME he didn't go out the window!!

      Delete
  2. Thanks for my Friday morning chuckles!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I LIVE for your chuckles & chortles!!

      Delete
  3. So many good, hilarious things. I need that name GPS, I'm becoming horrible at names! And do you think that child went out the window? Explain that to child protective services!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did I ever welcome you to this blog? If not, or even if so, WELCOME!!

      Delete
  4. OMG! You made my day, Fran!! LOL! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Somedays I am surprised that so many of us survive.
    And I could do with that name GPS.
    Thanks Fran.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would definitely buy one for me & for all my friends--whoever they are!!

      Delete
  6. I think Einstein said it best: "Only two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

    Your ability to amuse is pretty darned infinite, too. Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really like that quote--it's SO true!!

      Delete
  7. Awesome post. Thanks.
    Now I feel a little better about myself too.
    Take care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I ALWAYS take care of myself--in my OWN way!!~

      Delete
  8. So much here to laugh at, and I've always loved that Mark Twain quote, but I hope that kid bounced out of the window is okay.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do you really think he went OUT of the window?

      Delete
  9. I feel so much smarter now...Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. yeah... the kid on the bed? holy jeeeez ... How in the living breathing hell did that guy get himself into that corkscrew playground thing… lordamercy

    Where in the world do you find these things…. man oh man … I reckon these people vote … the catapault TV Hahaa

    tickling lock.. oh, ha ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could tell you, but then I'd have to KILL you!!

      Delete
  11. I want to know how they got the concrete INTO the truck.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Jumping onto the bed where your child is lying is Gold Star Idiocy.

    I like "every time I start to see the light the bulb burns out"

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is TOO FUNNY!! I recently heard or read that men are the biggest idiots. While this may be true here also, it's the women (on the swings, the pool, the bedpost, and the ball) that take the prize. And was that a woman jumping on the bed?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Idiocy seems to be equal opportunity--that WAS a woman!!

      Delete
  14. The pictures are moving today!!
    They weren't when I was here yesterday.
    The swimming pool one has brought back a memory which I shall write about soon.

    ReplyDelete
  15. How about a round of applause for my newest follower snorri sturluson!!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day, which shows you how boring my life has become.