Follow

Wednesday, December 24, 2014

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL!!



(Borrowed from Melynda's Facebook page.)



My Christmas present to you--an old Christmas newsletter & a whole bunch of cartoons!!  Also, starting tomorrow, Christmas Day, & going until I get tired, I'll be publishing my posts 5 days a week, Monday through Friday!!  I never know what to get you, so I'm keeping the receipt in case you want to exchange it!!

  


Some explanation before you read this newsletter:

In 1979, when I wrote this, it was meant to be a joke just for Bud because I was tired of getting Xmas newsletters that said my husband was just elected God or my child just turned 6 & he's already Phi Beta Kappa. It's based on truth, as most humor is. Nameless was studying in Europe, Matt was at Northridge & worked for a sewer company. The “chunnel” (the tunnel across the English Channel) had not yet been built—I don’t know if it had even been planned at the time. Blake had just gotten his driver's license. General Motors was doing a lot better than they are now & we did buy a treadmill--also, we had a dog, Pepi. Bud liked it so much we sent it out with our cards. After receiving it, a friend told me that her husband asked her how I could brag like that. I liked her simple explanation: “It’s satire, stupid!”







To see a "different" Christmas dance, click here.

Are you cooking the holiday dinner?
(Thanks, Shirley!!)

And a note about your Christmas shopping:


                                       

HEY, CHECK OUT THIS SWEATER!!
makeituporfunny.blogspot.com


























Our card this year:






A last minute gift suggestion for the friend who truly has everything--a broad-spectrum antibiotic----B. C. (& fishducky)

 



20 comments:

  1. Chuckles at Christmas....thanks for cheering me up today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love to send Christmas (& all other day's) cheer!!

      Delete
  2. Fran, does Bud have to put up with all this craziness all day long? He's a lucky guy. Thanks for all the chuckles, and the videos of the songs are hilarious. I had to call my hubby in. Merry Christmas to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our rabbi made him promise to love, honor & put up with me!!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks--I've been making them for the last 10 years or so!!

      Delete
  4. Your Christmas letter was perfect. Sure enjoyed all the chuckles and really like your card.
    Have a splendid holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Here, far too early on Christmas morning I am smiling very, very broadly. Megathanks - and Happy Christmas to you and your awe-inspiring family of high achievers (bad year or not).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My husband says we're full of it--I ASSUME he means holiday spirit!!

      Delete
  6. Thanks for the year of laughter--the best gift of all. Happy Holidays.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The year of laughter is to be continued!!

      Delete
  7. Fran-tastic!! Happy holidays, lady!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, dear! The FLAT, the missing elf, and those naughty Christmas bulbs speculating on the stockings gave me quite a chuckle. Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hahaaaaaa these were great, Fran... LOVED the newsletter ~ the Bible Part II... HAHAHAaaaa

    Merry Christmas ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks--I love my newsletter, too. Merry Christmas!!

      Delete
  10. This whole post had me smiling from ear to ear.
    I like your Christmas Hanukkah card very much.
    Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's nice to have such a discerning follower!! Happy Holidays!!

      Delete

Your comments make my day, which shows you how boring my life has become.