Follow

Friday, January 16, 2015

KAN EWE SPEL AZ GUD AZ MI?




In today's society it is important to be able to spell.  Some of us are lucky enough born with the gift of being able to visualize the spoken word.  I used to proofread my husband's legal papers before he sent them out.  I didn't understand them, but I was still able to catch his many errors. Not being able to spell will limit your career choices.  OK, you can still become a successful attorney, but imagine your life as, say, a tattoo artist.  These could be samples of your work:





I don't know if this counts, but it's funny!!

You'd never become a successful street painter:

Or sign maker:

They corrected the one on your right:


Would you eat here?

Or here?


They'd probably hide these letters from you:



Don't even try to make team uniforms:

Or operate a mortuary:

You might want to avoid texting or tweeting:

(I think they meant holocaust & mediocre)


And who would have confidence in your news broadcasts?:

These people think I'm totally wrong:

This is a true story from notalwaysright.com:

Me: “Thank you for calling [internet provider]. How can I help you?”
Caller: “Yes, I am trying to provision my personal modem for your internet and I am having issues. Could you help?”
Me: “Sure. May I please have your modem id?”
Caller: “001, E as in igloo, A as in apple, 3251, E as in igloo.”
Me: “So that was 001, Echo, Alpha, 3251, Echo?”
Caller: “No. E as in Igloo!”
Me: “Sorry, sir, but igloo begins with an i.”
Caller: “The heck it does! Igloo is spelled E-G-L-U-E. I have a G.E.D.—you can’t pull one over on me, Mr. Fancy Pants!”

Punctuation is important, too:











Want to take a middle school spelling test?

On Nameless' 3rd grade report card, her teacher had written a note; "She has been a real chalenge  to have in class."----fishducky












34 comments:

  1. I suspect Nameless's teacher was challenged by a lot of things.
    Big smiles - again - thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh! Holocaust. Mediocre I got. Laughing at eglue, really, how could she not know igloo? When we were kids in grade three we all loved the idea of Eskimos and living in igloos.
    beware of doug....okay, he's probably a scam artist preying on the elderly.
    I took that spelling test, I'm a spelling guru, 13/13

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've learned to ignore spelling mistakes by others in the faint hope they will ignore my spelling errors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I'll pass on the Jalapenis poopers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not even one pooper? You're NOT an adventurous eater!!

      Delete
  5. You have done it again, FD...These are too funny. Thanks for the chuckles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome for the chuckles--no guffaws?

      Delete
  6. These are so hilarious. Sky loved it so much she wants to read your blog every day with me too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tell Sky I love her (& I'll TRY to watch my #$%@&$ language)!!

      Delete
  7. This has gotta be one of my favorite posts. LOVE it! It's a shame how many people can't spell worth a diddle, though... especially when the misspellers are also teachers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How much is a diddle worth? Unfortunately, a lot of teachers are entitled to one!!

      Delete
  8. Replies
    1. I love love love people who love love love my stuff!!

      Delete
  9. I get the phone mistakes all the time because I use the microphone and don't type the text. Crazy stuff happens! So funny what my cell phone hears. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been accused of having a swedish accent, but I don't hear it. Maybe the phone does--LOL!

      Delete
    2. If your phone was manufactured in China, maybe you should learn Mandarin!!

      Delete
    3. Duh! So that's what the problem is! ROFL!

      Delete
    4. 它不会伤害尝试!! (It wouldn't hurt to try!!)

      Delete
  10. The first cartoon is gold! If it were not for "spell check" I would not even attempt to blog.

    Sometimes I have to misspell a word several different ways before spell check figures out what I want.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A pome fore yew:

      Spel Chek

      I halve a spelling checker,
      It came with my pea see.
      It plainly marks four my revue
      Mistakes I dew knot sea.

      Eye strike a key and type a word
      And weight four it two say
      Weather eye am wrong oar write
      It shows me strait aweigh.

      As soon as a mist ache is maid
      It nose bee fore two long
      And eye can put the era rite
      Its rarely ever wrong.

      I’ve scent this massage threw it,
      And I’m shore your pleased too no
      Its letter prefect in every weigh;
      My checker tolled me sew.

      Delete
  11. Like Cranky, thank goodness for spell check and its patience. I got guru on the test but that just means I could spot the wrong version. I'd have failed miserably if I had been required to actually spell the words.
    Loved the poem.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't write the Spel Chek poem, but I'm glad you liked it!!

      Delete
  12. My daughter uses spell-check when she texts. Some messages have been hysterical.

    Loved this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I MAY do a post on weird & funny Spell-Check corrections!!

      Delete
  13. My wife is a fantastic speller and I'd be lost without her or spell check. So why isn't she the writer?

    ReplyDelete
  14. That was right up my street. So funny!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A compliment from a master--thank you!!

      Delete
  15. My ex husband had the Japanese symbol for strength tattooed on his arm. His brother later married a woman from Japan. All she would say is that it didn't say strength. :) Then there was my friend who was obsessed with tattoos. I was designing one for her and she asked her husband to write out their kids birth dates in Roman numerals. She gave me the paper from her husband and after really looking at it, I finally told her they were wrong. All her husband could say was "oops". I think had I not caught it before hand, she'd have actually divorced him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I heard about a guy who had a shirt with his name in Japanese characters on the pocket. It always came back in great condition from his Japanese laundry. He later learned that his name was apparently "Do not starch"!!

      Delete

Your comments make my day, which shows you how boring my life has become.