Follow

Friday, February 13, 2015

HOW DO I LOVE THEE?





(Reworked from a 2012 post.)

(For Valentine’s Day tomorrow)


hallmark (& fishducky)


A HISTORY OF LOVE & MARRIAGE IN ECARDS


COURTSHIP--When everything is beautiful:





You have to put some effort
into making the marriage work:





Sometimes, though you come to a realization:

And then this happens:










But if you think about why you
 married each other in the first place:


You CAN have a long & happy life together!


 We've already done this:

 But at my age this is downright scary:

This is one of the cards I gave Bud
on a recent anniversary:


I have absolutely no idea why this old joke popped into my mind:

“Do you know why Jewish men die before their wives?
 Because they WANT to!”






We've made it 120 years (60 each) so far & we’re still counting----fishducky

 




12 comments:

  1. I love all these and I love how you and Bud love each other. 120 years is a pretty long stretch and you're still going!
    Happy Valentine's Day tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My in-laws were married 64 years. When asked the secret of a long marriage, they'd answer "inertia"--it was easier to keep going than to start over!!

      Delete
    2. Holy cow, I love that answer. :)

      Delete
    3. They CERTAINLY had it figured out!!

      Delete
  2. Happy Valentines Day to you and Bud.

    ReplyDelete
  3. HA! I can't believe how not sick I am of my husband, either. Happy Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A fun and funny setup for tomorrow's holiday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy Valentine's Day to you & Mrs. C!!

      Delete
  5. Well The beer fairy and I have been married for 40 odd years and we still talk to each other.
    that's not too bad.
    Merle.........................

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day, which shows you how boring my life has become.