Follow

Wednesday, February 11, 2015

OPTICAL DELUSIONS



This is NOT a duck.
Do you know what it is?
I'll tell you what it is at the end of this post.







Yes, I know they're referred to as optical illusions, but when Nameless was little she thought they were called optical delusions & I always liked that name more!!

There are many kinds of optical illusions.  You may be familiar with some of these typical ones:



Some can be made with paper:


Some can be confusing:
Is she turning on her right or left foot?



Which direction is the train going?



 An illusion can be caused by an odd camera angle:









 Size doesn’t matter much.
Illusions can be painted on trucks or buses:




 Or make a solid floor seem precarious:

 Sidewalk artists can create amazing illusions
with the use of perspective:


 You can also change your appearance
with the right clothing choice.
Granted, she did not choose well:

This is better:
 

Sometimes things are hidden in paintings:
 


 And photographs:
Can you find the giraffe?

Or the wolf?

THIS IS NOT A BIRD!!
(See the explanation at the end of this post.)



Sometimes you just have to change your focus:
 












The giraffe is about 1/4 of the way in on the right.

The wolf is by the 2 trees on the left.

THIS IS NOT A BIRD!!
Dee (cominghometomyself) sent me this picture.
It is a beautiful example of body painting.
The model's left arm is over her head.
One leg makes the wing & the other the tail.
Once you see her the bird disappears.

THIS IS NOT A DUCK.
It's a french fry!!





It's not an optical illusion. It just looks like one----fishducky








    





21 comments:

  1. Lots of fun. The giraffe was easy to spot...the wolf not so much. The man whose head turns is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Giraffes are hard to hide--& also to gift wrap, I would guess!!

      Delete
  2. Lots of laughs, for sure. I found the giraffe and the wolf and figured out the woman that looks like a parrot. Loved the view the husband wanted.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought that parrot/woman was beautifully done!!

      Delete
  3. Got all but the french fry and the wolf. I love stuff like this but my brain and eyes are so tired. Think it is time for a nap. .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the french fry was the hardest!!

      Delete
  4. Couldn't believe I didn't see the wolf. I am usually pretty good at these things.
    Good jump start for my brain this morning. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's always good to start our brain when we wake up!!

      Delete
  5. These are always fun! They blow my mind!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I thought the French fry was the tail of a shrimp, I never saw the beach in that picture of the woman with a beautiful ass, and I don't want to admit how long it took me to find the wolf.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love them all. The floor is really very tricky. Had to look at it very carefully. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think walking on that floor would make me nervous!!

      Delete
  8. The guy turning his head is freaky... the "mountain view" is hysterical. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do you think he was looking at the mountain view too long?

      Delete
  9. I love optical illusions! Those pavement chalk drawings are the best, I've seen plenty of those and they are all stunning. I saw the giraffe and wolf, even the model as bird, but I had to study that one for a minute.
    If I saw that last view from a window, I wouldn't buy that house!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wasn't that "bird" fantastic? Would your husband buy that house?

      Delete
  10. I saw both views of that man's head too, but didn't see him turn his face or his head, I just switched my own focus. I don't see how the head WOULD turn.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day, which shows you how boring my life has become.