Follow

Thursday, March 12, 2015

LEGO MAN




In her post on November 24, 2014, Juli wrote about an artist, Nathan Sawaya, who does amazing Lego sculptures. (To read her post, click here.)  I was absolutely fascinated by his work.  Juli was fortunate enough to go to one of his exhibits.  I'm sad to say there are no exhibits scheduled for anywhere near my home for the foreseeable future.  For his home page, so you can check his schedule, click here.

Just in case you don't follow Juli's blog, "Surviving Boys", & you should, I'm posting this today. I didn't want anyone to miss seeing his work!!



He does sculptures on a variety of subjects,
using only Lego "bricks".
Here is just a small sample of his work:



"Ascension"
 



 "Bare Bones in Bricks"











"Easter Island"

 "Grasp"



"Heartfelt"





"Hugman"






The lion in front of the New York Public Library
 

Oscar




I think this is Juli's son looking at the T-rex 

This video shows him making a Lego cello:

Some cartoons:









Sorry I didn't have time to actually write a post but the voices told me to clean all my guns today----fishducky

 





  







17 comments:

  1. Wow. Incredible work.
    And lego pieces under foot are indeed incredibly painful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Is there a stronger word than "incredibly"?

      Delete
  2. 1st pic and a few others reminded me of when I was little and got into my dad's Gustave Dore illustrated volume of Dante's Inferno. I fainted. This time I just laughed. Thank you for discharging that trauma. You are remarkable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel like Lucy of "Peanuts" at her psychiatry booth--5 cents, please!!

      Delete
  3. Incredible for sure, but...it is cool I guess, but I am more impressed with those who can chisel out of granite. If they screw up they can't just go back and stick on another ear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard sculpting is easy--you just cut away everything that isn't the Madonna!!

      Delete
  4. I would really love to see these in person, as they are amazing. I can't imagine the mind that would create such a work of art from legos. Not me, for sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I could attend a showing, too!!

      Delete
  5. It's amazing the creativity of some people. Building all these things from Legos reminds me that everything in the universe is created from a few elements in infinite configurations, just like Legos.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A new medium to the art world! Talented man whose brain must run all the time!

    And, yes, stepping on a lego is a negative experience.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish MY brain had an on/off switch--it makes me tired!!

      Delete
  7. Love them all, but the blue and red one is outstanding. My grandson will love these. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't even make a Lego Christmas tree and that thing has instructions!
    Did you get those guns cleaned? And oiled?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sure did--& I polished & sharpened my hatchets!!

      Delete
  9. Super stuff! I'm sorry I missed it when it first ran, but thanks for directing me to it now. Love the Lego cartoons, too.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day, which shows you how boring my life has become.