Follow

Tuesday, March 24, 2015

ONE VENTI HALF-CAFF NON-FAT SOY LATTE, PLEASE



(Where my title came from.)

This man’s Starbucks cup doodles would brighten up anyone’s day!!

(source: BuzzFeed)

Josh Hara is a creative director at a marketing agency in Columbus, Ohio, but he’s also a dab hand at doodling.  He’s hit upon a way of combining his hobby with his love of coffee. The blank parts of his Starbucks takeaway cups have become his canvas for what he’s called the #100CoffeeCups project on Twitter and Instagram.  “I started doing this back in February. I get a Starbucks coffee every single day, and for a long time I’d been noticing how pristine that blank panel of the cup was.”

Josh, who has been drawing cartoons since he was a kid, said he always wanted to draw for a living.  “But having been full aware of how competitive that landscape was, coupled with the strong desire to be able to afford the occasional hot meal, I ended up making more practical choices with my career. But I’ve never stopped making them. And thanks to my daily Starbucks intake, I probably never will.”

So far, Josh hasn't had any response from Starbucks about his drawings--at least, not officially.  “I did connect with someone on their social media team after they started printing their “Barista promise” right smack dab in the middle of the best part of the cup. He was kind enough to locate a sleeve of the old cups and Fedexed them to me.”

I, personally, am not a Starbucks aficionado,
but I might be if they served it in these cups!!

Here’s one of his latest cartoons,
an ode to Kim Kardashian:


 Below is some more of Josh’s work:












And my personal favorite:

And some other funny stuff:








As Escher sees Starbucks:


You know what I hate? Indian givers... no, wait, I take that back!!----fishducky

 







20 comments:

  1. Do you know I don't think I have ever been in a Starbucks... I am not even sure we have them.
    Love that coffee cup art though. And the cat WILL push the cup off. Regardless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But I thought that any point in the universe was no more than one block from a Starbucks!!

      Delete
  2. Ha Ha, Indian Giver.
    I love those pictures with stairs going nowhere in all directions. I have one printed out as a bookmark.
    I've borrowed a couple of these for Whimsical Wednesday. Knew you wouldn't mind. Hope the artist doesn't mind either. (*~*)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As my bubby (grandmother) would say, "Use them in good health!!"

      Delete
  3. Love the funny cartoons on the cups! The one that made me smile the most was the morning panic...gotta have my coffee. My favorite Starbucks is in the Barnes and Noble store in San Antonio...great place to get a cuppa, and peruse a book!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He makes me wish I liked Starbucks!!

      Delete
  4. Blogger screwed up (Hey--it COULD happen) & Rick left me this:

    Hey Fran,
    I love the cartoon guy on the Starbucks cups.
    When I tried to leave a message, there wasn't a post a comment link on my iPad. Not sure what is going on there.
    R

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The cartoon guy is apparently a lot more clever than Blogger!!

      Delete
  5. If only starbucks could give this guy a contract for him to draw templates for the next million cups.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't like Starbucks coffee, but I do like those cartoons.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's a rare treat for me to go to any coffee shop. I always get a mocha with whipped cream...and savor it. Bet it's been 3 or 4 years ago now. Must be time, eh? LOL! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dear Fran, thanks for sharing those cup doodles with us. I can see why that creative director has his job.

    I used to drink coffee--some 40 years ago. But when I discovered I was drinking 51 cups a day and was jangled all the time, I gave it up. It took me two years to get down to 0 cups.
    Then I began to drink tea.

    I seen that Starbucks sign everywhere and I so enjoyed that cartoon about the road less traveled! What wit! Peace.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I carry decaffeinated black tea in my purse, for when a restaurant has only the fruity ones--much better than coffee!!

      Delete
  9. Now that is a clever fellow with a cool canvas. However, with all the Starbucks in the world, I have never seen one nor tasted the the coffee people line up for. Bucket list maybe?? .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Only if you're a coffee aficionado!!

      Delete

Your comments make my day, which shows you how boring my life has become.