Follow

Monday, March 23, 2015

TWO POSTS FOR THE PRICE OF ONE!!



1st post: PROCRASTINATOR'S CREED

(You may wish to delay reading this until you have more free time.) 


1. I believe that if anything is worth doing, it would have been done already. 

2. I shall never move quickly, except to avoid more work or find excuses. 

3. I will never rush into a job without a lifetime of consideration. 

4. I shall meet all of my deadlines directly in proportion to the amount of bodily injury I could expect to receive from missing them. 

5. I firmly believe that tomorrow holds the possibility for new technologies, astounding discoveries and a reprieve from my obligations. 

6. I truly believe that all deadlines are unreasonable regardless of the amount of time given. 

7. If at first I don't succeed, there is always next year. 

8. I shall always decide not to decide, unless of course I decide to change my mind. 

9. I shall always begin, start, initiate, take the first step, and/or write the first word, when I get around to it. 

10. I will never put off 
tomorrow, what I can forget about forever. 


ArcaMax






2nd post: GO, VAN GOGH, GO!!



VAN GOGH'S FAMILY TREE

His dizzy aunt - Verti Gogh
The brother who ate prunes - Gotta Gogh
The brother who worked at a convenience store - Stopan Gogh
The grandfather from Yugoslavia - U Gogh
The cousin from Illinois - Chica Gogh
His magician uncle – Where Diddy Gogh
His Mexican cousin - Amee Gogh
His Mexican cousin's American brother-in-law, Grin Gogh
The British musician cousin- Ring Gogh
The nephew who drove a stage coach - Wellsfar Gogh
The constipated uncle - Cant Gogh
The ballroom dancing aunt - Tang Gogh
The bird lover uncle - Flaming Gogh
His psychoanalyst nephew – E. Gogh
The fruit loving cousin - Man Gogh
The aunt who taught positive thinking - Wayto Gogh
The little bouncy nephew - Poe Gogh
A sister who loved disco - Go Gogh
His fashionista grandmother – Indi Gogh
His always reminiscing aunt – Longa Gogh
His niece who traveled the country in a van - Winnie Bay Gogh
Arcamax
Of course Vincent Van Gogh was notoriously vague. Whatever you said to him just went in one and straight out the same ear.
Sickipedia.org
He was never much of a dancer, though. He just never really had much of an ear for rhythm. 
memebase.cheezburger.com

Vincent van Gogh did not actually cut off his ear. 
He only cut off a small portion of his ear lobe, 
but don't let that stop you from enjoying these cartoons:





You need MONET to buy DEGAS to make the VAN GOGH----fishducky (& lots of other people)

 





18 comments:

  1. As a chronic procrastinator Maxine nailed it for me. As she so often does. She is my politically incorrect hero. I would be her if I was brave enough.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor Vincent...dead these many years and still the butt of jokes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can talk louder--he can't hear you!!

      Delete
  3. I. We'd one of those pictures (first one) framed. It's iconic :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do you mean the blank one? I painted it myself!!

      Delete
  4. Looks like a fun post, I plan to read it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Procrastination is the retiree's right. As my brother says about retirement, the only things we can't put off to another time are doctor appointments.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fran, I truly believe that all deadlines are unreasonable regardless of the amount of time given. - My new mantra!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad to be able to read a post of yours right away--no procrastination required. I have one email with 25 of them I am procrastinating on, though, as you know--LOL! (Stupid FeedBiz)

    Poor Vincent. I wonder how the whole entire ear rumor even got started?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fun Van Gogh jokes. Some people are just more famous than their work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True--he's the only one-eared painter I've ever heard of!!

      Delete
  9. That final sentence is great!
    The Van Gogh family tree list is going straight to one of my best friends.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day, which shows you how boring my life has become.