Follow

Wednesday, April 1, 2015

DON'T BE AN APRIL FOOL (A BONUS POST)



Do you live with a prankster?
Fortunately, I don't!!
But if you do, here are some things they might try today.
This knowledge might help you avoid getting pranked
or they could be used for retaliation!!

 Put googly eyes on the stuff in the refrigerator.

Tell them you made a pan of "brownies".

 Make them a moldy sandwich.
(Food coloring goes on the outside of the plastic bag!!)

Sew a sock partway across.

 Leave a surprise in the mailbox.

Use "money" as a bookmark.

 Cover their soap with a coat of clear nail polish.
(Be sure to allow time to dry!!)

Epoxy coins to the sidewalk.

Make a batch of yummy candied onions apples.

Here are some suggestions from ladycreate-a-lot.blogspot.com/2011/03/april-fools-day:

Spray nozzle or taped faucets- this one's kind of sentimental for me... THIS is the VERY PRANK that fueled my fire and love for this holiday! The first April we were married, my husband took a rubber band and wound it tightly around the kitchen sink's spray nozzle and left it aimed at where my face would be. When I turned on the water, it DRENCHED me! Of course he knew that meant war!! Twelve years later, we're still going strong!

Fingernail polish spill- take a piece of wax paper and a bottle of fingernail polish that you don't mind ruining. Spill out contents onto paper, let dry, peel paper off, and leave on victim's clothing or an important document. You may want to do this one a week in advance. It takes quite a while for the polish to dry. I'd recommend using quick-dry nail polish and a hairdryer. If your "spill" doesn't peel off the wax paper very well, just cut around it as close to the edges as possible.

Blue teeth/ numb mouth- put a small drop of food coloring in center of toothbrush. Make sure to use the same color as the bristles. ALSO, you could put some Oragel Numbing Gel deep in the base of the bristles... one of my FAVE'S!

Icy Hot/Bengay or thumbtack toilet seat- smear a small amount of Icy Hot or Bengay on the toilet seat and wipe it mostly off so you can't tell it's there. TRUST ME, it doesn't take much for it to work! You could also line the toilet seat with thumb tacks!!

Glue the end of a toilet paper roll onto itself so the victim can't find it!

Taped light switch- My kids LOVE this one! They seem to forget I do it every year, too! Just tape it down so they can't turn the light on.

Vaseline door knob- place a glob under the bottom of door knob so you can't see it.

TP the bed- While victim is sleeping, roll toilet paper under and over the bed so when they wake up, they're stuck!

 Whoopi cushion on chair... you could also use bubble wrap!

Shoe surprise- you can stick either legos, small water balloons, or frozen coins inside victims shoes.

Cereal box/candy bag swap-out in original packaging

Set your friends/family up to think you've prepped a whole bunch a pranks for them... them do nothing and watch them nervously anticipate tricks that never happen all day. This is the lazy-holidayer's approach. Oh well, at least it's something!














Don’t miss my regularly scheduled post today:
MY FAIR (INFLATABLE) LADY--THE LEGEND OF PYGMALION & GALATEA

18 out of 10 schizophrenics agree; fishducky's blog is funny!!----fishducky

 





22 comments:

  1. I love the googly eyes idea. I had a money bookmark once. I photocopied both sides of a $50 and very carefully stuck them together. They dried wrinkled, because that's what glue does, so it looked like a $50 that had been crumpled in a pocket or purse.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How well do you think that would work in a store?

      Delete
    2. Not at all, the feel of the paper is wrong.

      Delete
  2. That mouldy sandwich is the brave wave of a very sick puppy. Fortunately I escaped this year... I think.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been just me & Bud in the house for many years & Bud's too lazy to pull pranks!!

      Delete
  3. I like the soap and the soc pranks. I don't think they would get any laughs in my family. lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. As a writer, the Snoopy joke about publishing would be the cruelest! I like the moldy sandwich idea, and many of the others as well. I've pulled some pranks on my hubby!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those were some really good ones providing you are on the right end. Loved the poor bird looking at a dozen possible offspring. .
    I always thought the fake winning lottery ticket is legal grounds to inflict serious physical harm on the prankster.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll check with my attorney husband--it actually might be a legal defense!!

      Delete
  6. I never cared for practical jokes. It's funny to hear about them, but I would never do any of them and I hope no one would do any of them to me. What a stick in the mud, eh?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm the next stick over in the mud--I'm much too rational, sane & CHICKEN to prank anyone!!

      Delete
  7. Love the canaries in the mine. Really made me laugh!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those were smarter than your average canary!!

      Delete
  8. Hate April 1. This was a National Holiday for my first x-wife. My middle son celebrates it as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Is that one of the reasons she's now your EX-wife?

      Delete
  9. Ooooh, those are good. I must get some googly eyes for next time I visit my daughter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still have some from when my grandkids were little. Seriously, email me your address & I'll send you a pack of vintage (but still usable) ones!!

      Delete

Your comments make my day, which shows you how boring my life has become.