Follow

Thursday, April 30, 2015

I JUST FOUND OUT APRIL IS NATIONAL FROG MONTH!!


A concerned reader wrote: “I hear that April is National Frog Month, so I would like to know, how do I tell whether I am a frog?  And if I am one, can I get some sort of government benefits during National Frog Month?” (signed) Ambivalent Amphibian. 

My response:
Dear Ambivalent Amphibian:
If you are a frog you get government benefits year round.  To get these benefits you must first, as you wisely suggest, establish if you are a frog. Frogs do differ widely from other animals. Here are six ways to tell if you are a frog:

1. Do friends often call you a toad?
2. Do you have four legs? 
3. Are your hind legs built for leaping?
4. When you were young, did you have a tail and gills and live in water?
5. Do you eat mostly or entirely meat? 
6. Can you breathe through your skin?

If you look like a toad and have four legs, the hind ones designed for leaping, and you were once a tadpole, and you eat mostly or only insects and/or other animals and can breathe through your skin I would say, yes, you are a frog. So that’s it.  If you do turn out to be a frog, have a happy National Frog Month!!
(Edited way down from a National Wildlife Federation post.)


Why are frogs so happy? They eat whatever bugs them!

What do you get when you cross a frog and a pig? A lifetime ban from the Muppet Show studio.

What do you get if cross a science fiction film with a toad? Star Warts. 

What goes dot-dot-croak, dot-dash-croak? Morse toad!

What do you get when you cross a snake and a frog? A jumprope. 

What do stylish frogs wear? Jumpsuits. 

What do you call a frog spy? A croak and dagger agent.

What did the frog order at McDonald's? French flies and a diet Croak. 

What do you say to a hitchhiking frog? Hop in!

What do you call 144 frogs in a box? Gross!

Where is a frogs favorite place to eat? At ihop!

What kind of music do frogs listen to? Hip Hop

What kind of music do sophisticated frogs listen to? Hopera. 


Did you hear about the frog who needed glasses? He went to the hopthalmologist.

What did the sick frog need? a Hoperation. 


A devout cowboy lost his favorite Bible while he was mending fences out on the range. Three weeks later, a frog walked up to him carrying the Bible in its mouth. The cowboy couldn't believe his eyes. He took the precious book out of the frog's mouth, raised his eyes heavenward and exclaimed, "It's a miracle!!" "Not really," said the frog. "Your name is written inside the cover." 


A man in a movie theater notices what looks like a frog sitting next to him. "Are you a frog?" asked the man, surprised. "Yes." "What are you doing at the movies?" The frog replied, "Well, I really liked the book!!" 

jokes4us.

A crossword puzzle for you!!
(Answers the at end of the post.)















I try always to be modest, and I'm proud of it!!----fishducky

 






16 comments:

  1. Who knew there were so many jokes about frogs.
    I like the cartoon with all the frogs in wheelchairs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are jokes & cartoons about EVERYTHING on the internet!!

      Delete
  2. "Your name is written inside the cover" that tickled my funny bone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. If it was Kermit by himself he couldn't move--somebody had to give him a hand!!

      Delete
  4. Have I told ;you I HATE Frogs? Some people think they are so cute, and I think they are disgusting. Great post, Fran.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But are THEY fond of you? I only ask because I attract mosquitos!!

      Delete
  5. I much prefer toads. That said, I loved these. The bible one was great! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The physical distinctions can easily get blurred because sometimes the features appear mixed or less obvious, and certain species even legitimately fall into both categories. It is not uncommon, for example, to find a warty skinned frog that isn't a toad, or even a slimy toad! Even the more invisible stuff like cartilage structure has been found to sometimes fit both categories!!

      Delete
  6. I'm sure you know... from WWII the French were called Frogs, much like the Brits were called Tommy's and we were called Yanks (followed by "SAVE US!!!").

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These frogs (except for a couple of the cartoon ones) were NOT French!!

      Delete
  7. Loved Kermit's x-ray and the bible one but all made me smile and that is a good thing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Smiling is good, laughing is BETTER!!

      Delete
  8. Love Kermit's X-ray showing the hand inside.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wonder if Jim Henson's x-rays show a shadow of Kermit?

      Delete

Your comments make my day, which shows you how boring my life has become.