Follow

Monday, April 13, 2015

MEATLOAF



No, not that Meatloaf!!

This meatloaf!!


We had a dog, Pepe, who would eat ANYTHING.  He used to nose around when I was sweeping the kitchen floor to see what delicacies he might glean in the dust.  One day I served meatloaf for dinner, as I had done many times before.  Bud said it tasted funny & he wouldn’t eat it.  The kids agreed.  I said it was just fine.  Bud said not even the dog would eat it.  I said, “Oh, yeah?”, took his plate & put it on the floor.  Pepe came over, sniffed the meatloaf & walked away.  I never trusted that dog again.  I sent the kids & Bud this ecard this year:



Slash, a well-known murderer, had been on death row for nearly 20 years. During that time, he had befriended the Warden. Now, the Warden still had a job to do, but that didn’t stop him from treating Slash special from time to time. A week before Slash was to go to the electric chair, the Warden asked Slash if there was anything special he would like. Slash thought for a bit and said he would like the Warden to contact his wife and have her make meatloaf for him the rest of his life (which by this time, was short). Of course, the Warden complied and each day, Slash sat down and had a big feed of his wife’s meatloaf.
The night before the big day, another prisoner was allowed to visit Slash and asked him. ’’Aren’t you afraid of dying tomorrow?’’
Slash answered, ‘’I ain’t gonna die tomorrow.’’
The other prisoner then said, ‘’But tomorrow is Friday, and we all know, that’s the day they’re sendin’ you to the electric chair.’’
’’Don’t matter,‘’ said Slash, ’’if this meatloaf can’t kill me, nothin’ can.’’
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 A man walked into a restaurant in a strange town. The waiter came over and asked him for his order.
"I'm feeling lonely," he replied, "So what I'd really like is some meatloaf and a kind word."

The waiter returned with the meat loaf, set it down on the table and began to walk away.

The man asked, "Where's the kind word?"

The waiter stopped, sighed, bent down, and whispered, "Don't eat the meatloaf."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


I don't cook much any more:













I have the most marvelous recipe for meat loaf! All I have to do is mention it to my husband and he says, "Let's eat out!" ----fishducky





 



24 comments:

  1. Yes. Some foods come under the category of cruel and unusual punishment. Though for my vegetarian self anything with offal trumps meatloaf.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sure that your meatloaf is fine. It is just that meatloaf has gotten a bad reputation and people just assume that their meatloaf is a bad one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True--meatloaf has very little street creds!!

      Delete
  3. That must have been some bad stuff. I actually love meatloaf:)
    I love that you sent them that card.
    R

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't imagine what might have been in the meatloaf, as I find it a great comfort food! I even make it with venison, and my hubby just loves it with lots of ketchup!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pepe must have thrown something in--he LOVED to watch me cook!!

      Delete
  5. That is too funny and is really a great eat out card to play. I had a similar thing as a new bride. His dog Meat-head refused my cooking. Never liked that dog,

    ReplyDelete
  6. I used to love meatloaf before I went vegetarian. The vegetarian meatloafs...well, the above is how I feel about those--LOL! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The words "vegetarian" & "meatloaf" should NEVER be used in the same sentence!!

      Delete
  7. Meatloaf has somehow got the same bad reputation as fruitcake (which also comes in a similar loaf). Comedians have a field day with it. I call it bullying at its worst!!

    I love me some meatloaf...the big singer dude too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I LOVE (the edible) meatloaf--fruitcake, not so much!!

      Delete
  8. Meatloaf is either excellent or horrid. There's no in-between category. My husband warned me that he wouldn't eat meatloaf till I made it anyhow - it's his favorite now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You probably add some love--I never bothered!!

      Delete
  9. I agree with Cherdo above. But for me, meatloaf is always horrid, while my husband will eat either way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In grammar school, I was one of the FEW people who liked the cafeteria's meatloaf!

      Delete
  10. Funny, but meatloaf can be very good, depending on who's making it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I must be back to making a good meatloaf--Bud eats it again!!

      Delete
  11. My mom made the best meatloaf. Mine never turns out like hers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For some reason, I'm craving meatloaf--I guess I'll go out for a restaurant version!!

      Delete
  12. I have to say, if even the dog rejected your meatloaf, there must have been something wrong with it.
    Apart from that, why does meatloaf have such a bad reputation? I love mine and so does my family. They all make their own now, using my recipe which they've modified to suit themselves, but they still copy my "pack it into the tin really firmly" method. We like our meatloaf firm enough to slice for sandwiches the next day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think--I mean assume--that Pepe was sick!!

      Delete

Your comments make my day, which shows you how boring my life has become.