Follow

Monday, May 25, 2015

MISUSE OF "LITERALLY" DRIVES ME FIGURATIVELY INSANE!!


Were you ever so hungry that you could literally eat a horse?  How often do you get so much information that your brain literally explodes?  Are those new boots you saw online literally to die for?  Was something ever so stupid that it literally drove you crazy? I don't think so!!  Neither does BuzzFeed--see below for examples of people who perhaps took things a little too literally:

The chef who designed this house salad:
                           


No sense actually stocking no salt:

It doesn't say chocolate chips: 

This sign is probably appropriate for the cemetery:
 Technically a coffeepot:

These next two seem logical:


Thumb tacks:


Never take "Drive-Thru" this literally:


And finally--a licence plate:

Did you ever literally die laughing?
Some cartoons for you:
















It's Memorial Day.
Take a moment to remember our fallen heroes.



I think I want a job cleaning mirrors--it's just something I could literally see myself doing----fishducky

 









16 comments:

  1. (Literally) snorting with mirth. Which disturbed the cats. Loved that house salad, though it wouldn't be a light meal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A light meal would consist of bulbs!!

      Delete
  2. I want to know how big the House Salad is. Miniature? Dollhouse? McMansion? and so they supply the mortar? On the side?
    Several of the others will get a second airing as Whimsical Wednesdays.
    Thanks for the laughs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When you ask for something on the side, how do they know whether you mean right or left?

      Delete
  3. There were some gems in this one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Words in alphabetical order...love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty sure there were no seconds on the house salad. Loved the draw bridge also.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have literally died in bed and been resuscitated by none other than Willy Dunne Wooters.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am embarrassed to say how long it took me to understand the alphabetical one. I literally have nothing to say... so I'll write them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's OK--you sounded exhausted in your post today. Just rest!!

      Delete

Your comments make my day, which shows you how boring my life has become.