Follow

Thursday, June 11, 2015

SHOULD I GET A DOG OR A NEW COMPUTER?




I can't decide which I want.  ArcaMax has been kind enough to do some research on the two for me:


FAVORITE FOOD
Dogs: kibbles
Computers: bits

METHOD USED TO END UNDESIRABLE BEHAVIOR
Dogs: hit with rolled up newspaper
Computers: hit control-alt-delete

AFTER DESTRUCTION OF PERSONAL PROPERTY
Dogs: dog not found
Computers: file not found

FAVORITE TRICK
Dogs: roll over
Computers: play dead

COMIC PAGE HERO
Dogs: Dogbert
Computers: Dilbert 
FUN WAY TO MESS WITH THEIR HEADS 
Dogs: peanut butter on roof of mouth 
Computers: peanut butter in CD-ROM drive 

CONSEQUENCE OF VIRUS
Dogs: replace valuable carpeting
Computers: replace valuable data

WIDELY IGNORED GOVERNMENT MANDATE
Dogs: leash law
Computers: Communications Decency Act
 WASTE DISPOSAL TOOL
Dogs: pooper-scooper
Computers: uninstaller

SENSITIVE INTERNAL PROCEDURES
Dogs: must be undertaken by fully qualified professional
Computers: may be undertaken by that guy at work who fixed one kind of like this once

METHOD OF MARKING TERRITORY
Dogs: lifting leg
Computers: "Designed for Windows XP"

UNIQUE BEHAVIOR
Dogs: lick and drag
Computers: click-and-drag

INEXPLICABLE PHYSICAL FEATURE
Dogs: tail
Computers: scroll lock key

ESTIMATED LIFESPAN
Dogs: 12 years
Computers: 12 months

AT END OF USEFUL LIFE
Dogs: euthanasia 

Computers: tax deduction
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This has nothing to do with with computers, 
but I was reminded of my first dog while seeing this picture.
  My dad was working in a grocery store & he got a very large cardboard box (about 3'x3') which probably held toilet paper.  It was about 3/4 filled with shredded paper.  Sitting on top of the paper was an 8 week old pitch black Cocker Spaniel puppy.  I was 5 or 6 & didn't have too much imagination at the time--we named her Inky. 

Now back to our regularly scheduled post: 


I still can't figure it out.  
And what if--like the top picture--I get both 
& the dog likes to use the computer? 


















The doctor said I've got this little piece of brain lodged in my skull, but when they get it out, I'll be fine----fishducky

 



18 comments:

  1. A wet dog doesn't smell very good, but when it dries out it works as well as it ever did.
    However the cats tolerate the computer and would be less impressed with a dog. I will stay with the cats and the computer...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well that was different , I have had dogs in the past but now I think I'm to old for a puppy but I do enjoy my visits from my daughters dog Angus.
    Merle.........

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you're too old to have your own puppy, maybe you could adopt?

      Delete
  3. You'd get more exercise with a dog. People may voluntarily walk an iPod, but you don't ever have to walk a computer. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's my #1 reason to have a computer!!

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. A succinct reply, yet meaningful!!

      Delete
  5. Inky? You were not thinking out of the dog box like you do now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was ONLY 5 years old--I had not yet developed my sense of sarcasm!!

      Delete
  6. I think Inky is a great name for a black dog. What a funny set of comparisons and cartoons.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could at least have called him India Inky!!

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. A dog's got to do his business somewhere!!

      Delete
  8. This was great and original! I love the cartoon with the two dogs on the laptop ("I just emailed you!"). Nice, Fran!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you--I had fun with this one!!

      Delete
  9. Rita beat me to it. I love dogs, but computers don't have to be walked. Or washed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Even when you spit your coffee on them when you laugh (computers, not dogs)?

      Delete

Your comments make my day, which shows you how boring my life has become.