Follow

Wednesday, June 3, 2015

WANNA SEE SOME GREAT GRAFFITI?


You see graffiti everywhere these days.  
There's highly stylized lettering & gang symbols on the streets.



The west side of the Berlin Wall was covered with political graffiti.

Not exactly graffiti, but some people paint pictures on their garage doors.



And in Garmisch-Partinkirchen, Germany,
people paint fairy tale scenes on their homes.
Here's Little Red Riding hood.

My friend Shirley sent me these.  
Don’t know where they originated from or from whom,
 but this is creative graffiti at its best!


























And this whimsical one which I think is my favorite:









Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway----fishducky

 





14 comments:

  1. Graffiti as art. I can't imagine going past some of those without a HUGE smile.
    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure beat the gang symbols, don't they?

      Delete
  2. I was enthralled by the paintings with the plants! I am in awe of such creative (and talented) people. The two kids on the bike! What a unique and clever way to remember where to park your bicycle--LOL! Wonderful post, Fran. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found them fascinating--hence the post!!

      Delete
  3. I would love to have a painting on my garage door, but first I would need a garage door that works. My favorite street artist is Banksy. The Hurricane and I saw an original Banksy in San Francisco, and yes, I wondered how he got up so high. Mostly though, I wanted to stand on the street corner and stare at it until someone asked me, How much?

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Graffiti CAN be very clever & enjoyable, but not when it's gang symbols on someone else's property!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most of Banksy's works are anti-war and pro-children. No gang symbols. I suppose it's someone else's property, but if Banksy painted on my property, I would sell it for a million dollars--or so.

      Delete
  5. Love that elephant and the cheerleader. Others are very good also. Very artistic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really hard to pick a favorite!!

      Delete
  6. The contractor will be painting our garage door in the next week or so, think I could do something wild? The HOA would probably have a cow, and make me paint over it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why don't you paint a Rolls? They couldn't say it wasn't classy enough!!

      Delete
  7. Love the elephant in the garage. The creative graffiti is some of the best I've ever seen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the fact that they painted stuff if the back corner of the garage!!

      Delete

Your comments make my day, which shows you how boring my life has become.