Follow

Thursday, July 23, 2015

FINE ART (WITH REDONE & EVEN FINER TITLES)




I wrote a post about this site, http://thatispriceless.blogspot.com, a couple of years ago (click here) & I've decided it's time to revisit it.  Steve Melcher takes old masterpieces & updates their titles.  The majority of them are on religious themes because that was what many, if not, most, of what was painted in those times & has survived to the present day.  I think some of these border on brilliance!!  These pictures are all new.  I'm keeping my comments short but I find it extremely difficult to limit the number of his pictures I want to post.  Relax, scroll & enjoy!!




















A man comes to a woman’s house a little early to pick her up for their blind date.  She lets him in & asks him to wait in the living room while she finishes getting ready.  He notices several paintings (by an obviously untalented artist) & is intently studying them when she walks in.  She sees him looking at the “art” & says, “Do you like them?  I painted all of them myself.”  He blurts out, “Oh, thank heaven!  I was afraid you’d bought them!”  I have no idea how their date went.


If you haven't got the patience to create a masterpiece using oil paints,
I guess you could use this method:


To see some amazing present day artists,
& also here.











Support bacteria. They're the only culture some people have----fishducky

 






14 comments:

  1. Another evening I am grateful that the no beverage rule is in place.
    I did enjoy rather a lot of those recaptioned masterpieces.
    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That no beverage rule is there for a reason--you're welcome!!

      Delete
  2. I'm waiting to see what Stephen "CC" says.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The masterpieces and captions are ridiculously funny.

    Looking at the bird/ink picture reminds me of why I love watercolor. I'm not very good at it, but I love it (ha ha).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Steve Melcher has a brilliantly warped fishducky type mind!!

      Delete
  4. You must have known I'd love this post. So much here to laugh at, particularly the cartoon: His work hovers between neo-realism, post-modernism and crap.

    This describes some of my own work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mine, too--I think I'll run a post on my work sometime!!

      Delete
  5. I was looking for Stephen's comment also. I knew he would appreciate it the most. The first one got me in the mood and I smiled all the way through.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OK, this post is officially dedicated to Stephen!!

      Delete
  6. LOVE Van Goghing, Van Gone!!
    and everything else too.
    Your mind is awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The doctors said I've got this little piece of brain lodged in my skull, but when they get it out, I'll be fine.

      Delete
  7. What a scream. When I was in grammar school, I used to write captions on textbook pictures. I found an old one a few years ago and got a good laugh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wrote funny captions under my kids' pictures in their baby books!!

      Delete

Your comments make my day, which shows you how boring my life has become.