Follow

Thursday, July 16, 2015

THINGS (BESIDES ME) THAT ARE OBSOLETE



In lieu of my normal post
(if you can call any of my posts normal)
I offer you an episode of "The Twilight Zone" 
which first aired June 2, 1961.
It starred Burgess Meredith & Fritz Weaver.
The title: The Obsolete Man


Life cannot ever become obsolete.
This is a mother listening to the heart of her deceased son
beating in the chest of its recipient:

Lots of cartoons before they become obsolete:













And then there's me:


Junk is something you throw away three weeks before you need it----fishducky

 




12 comments:

  1. The alphabet of the obselete was scary. I have, use and value rather a lot of those things. Probably confirmation that I too am obselete.
    Loved the woman listening to her son's heart beat. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That picture really moved me & I don't move easily!!

      Delete
  2. You aren't obsolete, you are "aged to perfection!"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If only I were wine or cheese, but thank you!!

      Delete
  3. I love that Twilight Zone Episode. I've felt obsolete for a long time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Twilight Zone had SO many great episodes!!

      Delete
  4. Sadly I use a couple of those obsolete items on the calendar. Today things are made with built in obsolescence. The only way to keep up is to not.

    ReplyDelete
  5. "The only way to keep up is to not."--VERY well put!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think most people consider correct grammar and spelling obsolete. Most people are breaking my heart.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lots of chuckles here today, thanks.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day, which shows you how boring my life has become.