Follow

Friday, July 3, 2015

THINKING OF REDECORATING? START WITH A NEW DOOR MAT

My last post "HOW TO ABSOLUTELY POSITIVELY GUARANTEE A HAPPY MARRIAGE" did not run as scheduled yesterday.  I hope Blogger is running it today along with this one!!  (Or click below on "Older post")


In keeping with the theme of Wednesday's post
where I bet my son that I could write an amusing & interesting post 
about anything, I present, for your consideration,
door mats!!

Door mats are very versatile.  
They can convey almost any message you'd want.

They can welcome people to your home:


or not:




I'm not sure which of the two above categories
these would fit into:

They can compliment you:

or redirect you elsewhere:


They can issue warnings:


They can reprimand you:
They can give you handy instructions:










or even cover your ass:



Q. What do you call a man with no arms and no legs at your front door?
A. Mat.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A guy hears a knocking on his door. He opens it up, and no one is there. He looks all around and he finally sees a little snail sitting on the doormat. He picks it up and throws it across the street into a field. 

Ten years later, he hears a knocking on his door. He opens it up and no one is there. He looks all around, and he finally sees the same snail sitting on the doormat. 

The snail says, ”What the heck was that all about?”
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I don’t know if they’re still in business, but this company in Germany used to make “Toni, the Talking Mat”. You would record a message, slip the sensor foil under your doormat & the message would be played when someone stepped on it. Imagine your guest’s surprise when they heard "Stop!! Put your hands in the air and turn around sloooowly!!" or maybe "Look who's here!! Hide the silverware."









Happy 4th of July tomorrow!!



I think I used to be indecisive--now I'm not so sure----fishducky

 

















6 comments:

  1. You won that bet easily. I would like that one about the neighbors having better stuff but they were all really funny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the mat that reads "Nice Underwear." I hope you have a fun and safe Fourth of July. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the mat with the do you live here choices. Where can I get one of those?
    The love our vacuum, found God, gave at the office one is great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It wouldn't surprise me if they're ALL available online!!

      Delete

Your comments make my day, which shows you how boring my life has become.