Follow

Friday, September 4, 2015

FASCINATING PHOTOS YOU’VE PROBABLY NEVER SEEN BEFORE


I don't have much to tell you, 
but thanks to BuzzFeed 
I do have some amazing photos to show you!!
Here they are:

The lava lake of the continuously active volcano Erta Ale, Ethiopia

Where the Great Wall of China ends

A geyser right before eruption

Bavarian town of Nordlingen built in a 14 million year old meteor impact crater

A huge dust storm that hit Western Australia in early 2013

A rare 360 degree rainbow captured from an airplane

Daytona Beach 1957

Bagger 288, the largest land vehicle in the world

A cross-section of an undersea cable

Inside one of Google’s data centers

Einstein’s desk hours after his death

Michelangelo illustrated his grocery lists so that his illiterate servants would know what to buy him.

The inside of a FedEx Boeing 757 without any cargo

Hitler’s office

Enormous statue of Genghis Khan in Mongolia

Octopus eggs

George Washington’s teeth

Five pounds of fat compared to five pounds of muscle

Cancer cells under an electron microscope

The clearest photo of Mercury ever taken

The northern lights from space

If I weren't so old, I would have been an astronaut.
These are some of the things that I find fascinating--
these, & really funny cartoons!!














Someone asked me what the theme of my blog was--I just laughed!!----fishducky

 



21 comments:

  1. Ha Ha, Holstein we have a problem!
    I LOVE that Lava lake.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Might be a little hard to cool off in there, though!!

      Delete
  2. That is one of my favourite Calvin's.
    Loved these images. So very much. The octopus eggs were so cool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fascinating. Where the Great Wall of China ends... Google.... But those teeth! Yikes! Einstein's office...

    Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not a dentist, but I think those teeth had dry rot!!

      Delete
  4. You made me smile! I wish I had been an astronaut too, maybe in the next life. . .enjoyed all the images, and I've even visited Daytona Beach, but not in '57, last time with family was 2005. It's a place we spent childhood and teen summer vacations, as I grew up in the States. Had to show family of mine how nice the east coast beaches are. (when there are no storms, that is)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe someday I'll see you on the moon!!

      Delete
  5. Incredible pictures, Fran....and the jokes are hilarious. Loved the Daytona Beach one, and really have never seen the end of the Great Wall in a photo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me, neither--that was some new old stuff for me, too!!

      Delete
  6. You're right; they really were some amazing pics.

    The cross-section of the coax is a familiar one to me, though, because we have several similar cross-sections around our house. My hubby was on the "foreskin of technology" (as he liked to put it) with Bell Labs, and was quite an authority on that cable, as well as the fiber optics which followed.

    As for G.W.'s teeth? Obviously, he never heard of Pepsodent.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved the "foreskin of technology" phrase & will probably steal it!!

      Delete
  7. Think that is me in the blue bathing suit in 57. Loved the sun being a giant match head. I have that those thoughts myself.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those baby octopus are the cutest thing ever.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But like many people, not as cute when they're adults!!

      Delete
  9. The first one and the third one are breath taking.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the cartoon with the guy sharing the other's space suit.

    ReplyDelete
  11. My needs a little Michelangelo on her shopping lists.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day, which shows you how boring my life has become.