Follow

Tuesday, October 13, 2015

DRAW A PICTURE, ADD A PIECE OF LETTUCE...



My friend Shirley sent me these sketches by Victor Nunes & they blew me away!!  This is his Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/victornunesfaces.  He lives in Sao Paolo, Brazil, so it's in Portuguese.  I've done collages, but never with these materials.  I think Mr. Nunes has quite the imagination--see if you agree:

 I love the lettuce lady!!

Put a lock on/in it!!

Mr. Nunes is pretty sharp!!
 For when your rubber bands have seen better days:
 So this is where all my missing pen tops are!!
 A floral fantasy:
 Finally--a use for grape stems!!
 When you're through shaving your legs:
 Do they have Georgia Crackers in Brazil?
 Sometimes you feel like a nut...
 Hi, Sweetie!!
 These are the shavings you're left with
after you sharpen a pencil:
 If these are dried apricots, 
I wonder what he could do with banana chips?
 You could probably trim your cuticles with these, too!!

Caracu is a Brazilian beer.
He probably has lots of these bottle caps!!

 I'd never have enough potato chips left to make these:
 Sometimes Bud's mustache feels this stiff!!
  Pass the popcorn!!
Interesting fortunes!!
 I don't know why he didn't do a referee!!










We still have room for a few cartoons:










Always be yourself, unless you can be a unicorn--then, by all means, be a unicorn!!----fishducky

 






21 comments:

  1. Love Victor's work. Clever and funny.
    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. How would you like to be HIS shrink?

      Delete
  3. Wow, the guy is brilliant. Nothing is worthless or thrown away in his world.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. It would never have occurred to me to do what he does!!

      Delete
  5. That fellow is amazing, and it just proves a skilled artist can create from the most unpromising materials. Love the police looking at framed chalk outlines.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lettuce & grape stems unpromising materials? You must have a limited outlook on life!!

      Delete
  6. OMGosh! What an imagination! I love his work and will have to see if I can find him on facebook with your link. What a hoot!
    I loved the drawing from the left side of the brain--OMG!
    Have a great week, Fran. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You MAY have room to store popcorn, lettuce & bottle caps in your new apartment!!

      Delete
    2. True! True! I'm just lacking the imagination. LOL! ;)

      Delete
  7. The pictures inspired by common items are awesome, Fran!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd like to know how HIS brain works!!

      Delete
  8. That art is amazing! Mind if I save it to email to my brother? He'd love to see something like this.
    I love the lawn mowing shaver!
    I remember my friend Elaine making pictures from pencil shavings at school, she was pretty good with it too.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day, which shows you how boring my life has become.