Follow

Friday, October 23, 2015

MIND IF I BRAG A LITTLE?





I don't spend all my time at the computer, you know.  Oh, I do now, but it wasn't always the case. I used to actually create things, & I'm not talking about my three kids.  For instance, my husband had a client who owned Happy Hen Eggs.  The hen on the carton didn't look happy at all--in fact, she looked a little nauseated.  I offered to draw him a new one, which he agreed was much better.  This is it:

Just a few (really!!) samples of my work:

I've personalized about a dozen or so mirrors
with refrigerator magnets, buttons, etc:
This is Nameless's--I made it when her girls were small.




Blake's


In my entry hall:

(The bottom got cut off the picture.)
It says, "Love, laughter and friends are always welcome here."

A clay bust of an Asian man.
Sorry for all the light reflection.
He's only about 7" high.
I haven't sculpted anything in stone or marble--yet!!




Some charcoals


Some pen & ink drawings


(I love San Francisco Victorian houses.)


Watercolors

Pastels
 My pastel version of a Turner oil


And oils




But what I love most is working in
stained glass!!

Some lamps
Nameless'--she loves geometric shapes

Matt's (AKA Fishman)

Two views of the same lamp
in Bud's home office


Above Nameless' front door
(I told you she likes geometricals!!)

For a friend:

This was at the landing of my cousin's stairs:

And these were on either side of her front door.
They are mirror image except for the placement of the hummingbirds:

One of a pair of Fishman's mirror image windows in his basement.  
The dirt grass comes up to the bottom of the windows outside.
And my own personal favorite,
a 4' x 6' window in my entry hall.
I try not to take things too seriously--
can you find the worm?

Below are the last things I did.
I made nameplates for Elisa's oldest girls 
& then I decided I should have one, too!!



Here is the last thing I made.
Elisa of The Crazy Life of a Writing Mom 
(http://ecwrites.blogspot.com)
married her wonderful husband Mike in September.
Elisa had liked a poem by Janie Junebug 
(http://dumpedfirstwife.blogspot.com)
very much & Janie asked me if I could incorporate it into some artwork 
to give to the newlyweds as a wedding gift from the two of us.

I mounted the poem on Masonite & painted the lakeshore with a 
heart shaped stone (with a tiny bit of glitter on it)
partially covered by the water.

Here it is framed (with reflections from my window):
This is Janie's poem:

The Stone
By Janie Junebug

a grey stone
found on the shore
of a great lake

superior

cleansed by the waters
and made smooth
by fine grains of sand


the perfect grey stone




























 







26 comments:

  1. Artistically talented as well as funny, I'm very impressed. And a little jealous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, but I have a brown thumb & yours is SO green!!

      Delete
  2. You do lovely work. I've tried stain glass but my pieces were, how should I say...sad.
    R

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find that hard to believe--your camera work is lovely!!

      Delete
  3. Thank you for taking the time to publish this information very useful! I've been looking for books of this nature for a way too long. I'm just glad that I found yours. Looking forward for your next post. Thanks :)

    anti skid tapes supplier in india

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My post was considered information? Strange!!

      Delete
  4. How fun that you and Janie created something together. Some awesome artwork, Fran. I so love stained glass, and those lampshades are really awesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you--I really enjoyed doing them!! Wasn't Janie's poem perfect?

      Delete
  5. OMG!! I am impressed, Lady! Is there no end to your talents? Wow! Kudos!! :) :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My talent comes to a screeching halt with singing--I can't carry a tune!!

      Delete
  6. Brag away. TOTALLY justified.
    My jealous (and awed) self is slinking away...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, but my comment to River applies to you, too--your gardens are gorgeous!!

      Delete
  7. And I thought Fishducky just had a great sense of humor... Interesting and varied stuff, you are a talented artist!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, is there a medium you haven't conquered?? I loved that little black child's face but all your pieces are amazing. Be proud.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You're a duck of many remarkable talents. Loved the art cartoons.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not as talented as you--I don't think I could make a living as an artist!! I would need a sales rep. I would probably say to a prospective client, "You wouldn't want to buy this, would you?"

      Delete
  10. WOW! I am flabbergasted! How have you kept these talents a secret?

    I agree with Arkansas Patti. That little boy is my favorite. I also like the pen and ink drawings of the Victorian houses.

    As for the cartoons...Dali's delinquent air-conditioning bill!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How about that--I flabbered your gast!! Actually, he's my co-favorite. I also love the little Afro-American baby looking away from the viewer. And my cartoons are all hand (actually eye) selected.

      Delete
  11. Impressive. I had no idea you were so talented! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! As a kid I was told I had no talent for art. I took a workshop/class so I could get away from the kids once a week & whaddya know!!

      Delete
  12. Yes, I have been looking for this all day better now than never!

    anti skid tapes supplier in india

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! You aren't just a pretty face with an awesome sense of humor... you are some kinda talented, too! You did some amazing work.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day, which shows you how boring my life has become.