Follow

Friday, October 30, 2015

NEED A LAST MINUTE IDEA FOR A HALLOWEEN COSTUME & YOU'RE BROKE?



Assuming you don't want to cover yourself in caramel,
shove a broomstick up your butt
& go as a candied apple,
you could always use your imagination 
& go as an idea, saying or even a pun:


A blessing in disguise:

Wearing your heart on your sleeve:

Wet blankets:


Having a chip on your shoulder:


Dictator (dick tater)

Beer on tap:


God's gift to women:


Ceiling fan:




Pigs in a blanket:


Cereal (serial) killer:


Chicken cordon bleu:

50 shades of grey


Orange juice (orange Jews):


Dust bunny:


French Kiss:


Holy Shit!!:


Spice rack:


One night stand (1 nightstand):


Gingerbread man


Capsized ship (cap-sized ship):


Fannie Mae (fanny May)



Yarn & pompoms make you spaghetti & meatballs:

A bag of jellybeans:

A stick figure:


Would your kid like to be a
couch potato?:


Or your dog a 
Chia Pet?:


If all else fails, 
you could try this:

Or, even easier, this:
(Mostly BuzzFeed)


Do you want to bring some food to the party?

I saw this on Linda Kay's post 

Here's the easy recipe:
Split a black olive in half, then cut up one half into eight "legs"
and arrange them on deviled eggs.

To see some really weird "treats" people have given
trick or treaters, click here.

To see some dogs in costumes,














Daylight savings time ends Sunday:








 




24 comments:

  1. LOVE that comment on daylight saving.
    And many of the costumes.
    Thanks Fran.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those costume ideas. People are so creative.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great costumes and puns.

    My son once wore a large heart as a costume and told everyone "I have a big heart on."

    He gets it from his mom.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great fun. We don't dress up for Halloween, but some folks have great ideas. Thanks for sharing my spider eggs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those costume suggestions were HILARIOUS! Thank you, dear fishducky, for the good laughs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Which one are you going to use this year?

      Delete
  6. Ah--the government. What can you do?
    Cats hate dressing up. But it's sure fun to look at dogs. The humans were pretty funny, too. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think being put in costume would REALLY annoy a dog!!

      Delete
  7. I loved those punny costumes. And the black olive spiders. I think I'll dress up as an old broad...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've worn the old broad costume the last twenty years or so!!

      Delete
  8. You've given me some great costume ideas, like blessings in disguise. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great costumes. I wouldn't demean Franklin and Penelope by forcing them to dress up. However, I ordered a winter jacket for Penelope because she has short hair.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have short hair. Will you buy me a jacket, too?

      Delete
  10. So many great ones, I can't pick a favorite!

    I have a picture on my wall at school from an old Far Side calendar. It shows a mailbox out front labeled, "The Deaths," and a person standing on the front porch. From inside the house: "Dang it! If it doesn't happen every time! We just sit down to relax, and someone's knocking at the door."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I LOVE Gary Larson--his mind is SO perverted!!

      Delete
  11. The error code is brilliant! But I love the Identity thief.

    I paid my kids in 3 pounds of Halloween candy to stay home.

    No cold. No rain. No $50 costumes they will never wear again. No taking away Youngest's candy that he can not eat. No flashlights, glow stick or battery issues.

    Some say I'm lazy.

    I say brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOVE the spiders on devilled eggs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're cute, easy & they'd taste GOOD!!

      Delete

Your comments make my day, which shows you how boring my life has become.