Follow

Monday, October 12, 2015

TMFS (TEXT MESSAGING FOR SENIORS)





Text messaging has become the new way of communication.  To stay abreast of the times here are suggestions for messages you may wish to send to your friends.  I found most of them at various sources on the internet & some I found in my head.  I am running this in large print in case you can't find your glasses.


ATD: At The Doctor's
BFF: Best Friend’s Funeral
BTW: Bring The Wheelchair
BYOT: Bring Your Own Teeth
CBM: Covered By Medicare
CRS: Can't Remember Shit
CUATSC: See You At The Senior Center
DTAF: Don’t Trust A Fart
DWI: Driving While Incontinent

DYEMJ: Did You Eat My Jello?
FTTMP: Forgot To Take My Pills
FWBB: Friend with Beta Blockers
FWIW: Forgot Where I Was
FYI: Found Your Insulin
FYI: For Your Indigestion.
GGLKI: Gotta Go, Laxative Kicking In
GGPBL: Gotta Go, Pacemaker Battery Low
GHA: Got Heartburn Again
GOML: Get Off My Lawn
GTG: Got The Gout
GTGA: Got To Go Again
HABD: Hearing Aid Battery’s Dying
HGBM: Had Good Bowel Movement
ICETAM: I Can’t Eat That Any More
ICRMN: I Can’t Remember My Name
ICRDYD: I Can't Remember, Didn't You Die?
IHTP: I Have To Pee
IMHMO: In My HMO...
IMHO: Is My Hearing-Aid On?
ISOGN: It’s Seven O’clock, Good Night
JK: Just Kvetching
LMDO: Laughing My Dentures Out
LMGA: Lost My Glasses Again
LOL: Living On Lipitor
LWO: Lawrence Welk’s On
LYNC: Love Your New Cane
MGAD: My Grandson’s A Doctor
MILTF: Meal I'd Like To Forget

OMG: Ouch, My Groin!
OMG: Oy, My Grandchildren!
OMMR: On My Massage Recliner
OMSG: Oh My! Sorry, Gas
PIMP: Pooped In My Pants
ROFLACGU: Rolling On The Floor Laughing And Can’t Get Up
RULYKM: Are You Leaving Your Kids Money?
SGGP: Sorry, Gotta Go Poop
SUS: Speak Up, Sonny
TGIF-TEBSIS: Thank Goodness It's Four--The Early Bird Special Is Starting
THFPB: Thank Heaven For Pepto Bismol
TLC: Totally Lost Continence
TOT: Texting On Toilet
TTYL: Talk To You Louder
WAITT: Who Am I Talking To?

WDICIH: Why Did I Come In Here?
WIWYA: When I Was Your Age
WTB: Wet The Bed
WTF: What's Today's Fish?
WTP: Where’s The Prunes?
WTSPOMG: Want To See Pictures Of My Grandchildren?
WWNO: Walker Wheels Need Oil


















CUL8R----fishducky

 



19 comments:

  1. You reminded me (again) why Auntie Acid is one of my heroes.
    Sadly some of the senior txts are close to the bone. If only I could remember them...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't speak Bingo very well in the first place. I had to stare at your final comment a while till I "got" it. I learned LOL and ROFL because I am a laugher by nature, but that's about it. I think they should have one GOH=giggling over here. I would use it right now. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Texting is something you HAVE to learn if you have grandchildren to communicate with, or even children. I do like the ease of the text, but once in a while just have to pick it up and make a call to hear a real voice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YCTTOLNT--You Can't Teach This Old Lady New Tricks!!

      Delete
  4. I don't ever have to be told to bring my own teeth. I guess i'm not that old yet.

    LOL...love old ladies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They'd be your own teeth whether you grew 'em or bought 'em!!

      Delete
  5. Love the witch mom telling her daughter not to hex and drive.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the texts for my generation. Got to remember SGGP. For some reason when my brother gets me on the phone, it is better than a laxative.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's why, when we reach a certain age, wireless phones are a necessity!!

      Delete
  7. Love them all. Sooner our later our kids will start to figure them out.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'll have to commit WAITT and WDICIH to memory, I'll probably use them a lot.
    Love the post-texting nursing home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're part of my everyday vocabulary now!!

      Delete

Your comments make my day, which shows you how boring my life has become.