Follow

Monday, November 23, 2015

BIBLE LESSONS PART 6—JONAH & THE SALMON



(Ed. note: The original translation of the Bible said that it was a whale that swallowed Jonah.  We have since discovered that it was actually a salmon.)


God sent Jonah to Nineveh.  Nineveh was an enemy of Jonah's country, Israel, so Jonah did not want to go to there.

Jonah tried to escape God.  He tried to travel elsewhere by ship.  There was a terrible storm. Jonah knew that God had caused the storm because He was angry at him so he asked the sailors to throw him into the sea to save themselves, which they were happy to do.  But Jonah did not drown, because at the last minute God sent a humongous salmon to swallow him. 

Jonah prayed to God.  He thanked God, who had rescued him, but asked Him, “Couldn’t you find a more modern fish to swallow me?  It's dark & damp, there’s no TV, no internet connection & I can’t even get a signal on my cell phone in here!!”  God relented & caused the fish to return Jonah to dry land. 

The fish followed Jonah onto the land & knowing it would die there, he tried to return it to the sea.  While attempting to save it he accidentally dropped the salmon on some hot rocks & that’s how it was born a lox.

(Probably not to be continued.) 












The shirt says, "If swallowed induce vomiting"



Finish all your sentences with "in accordance with the prophecy"----fishducky

 





16 comments:

  1. These cartoon were freaking hilarious. The beached whales with bad root took a twisted mind to think up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always thought the story sounded a little fishy, too. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It makes much more sense with a salmon!!

      Delete
  3. Now that was funny, still laughing at the bleached whale one.
    Merle..........

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the laughs. i really missed your humor when I was away.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Fishducky, of course you know my favorite of the cartoons--the editor one! I can just see the drawers of your desks, stuffed with file folders--one labeled "Jonah" and others of every category imaginable to your readers! You are a gift to us and I was never more appreciative of you than I am this Thanksgiving. Thank you for everything. Peace.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so VERY welcome. Fortunately all my idea folders are in my computer--otherwise my brain "runneth over"!!

      Delete
  6. Love this!
    My elder daughter was in a combined schools choir one year and they did a song about Jonah and the Whale, it starts with:
    Ninevah city was a city of sin, the dancin' and the jivin' made a terrible din.
    Beat groups playin' a rock and a roll, and the lord he said "well bless my soul."
    The people didn't listen danced night and day, no time for work, no time for play..

    That's all I remember of it. The performance was really good with the choir accompanied by kids on piano and drums, there was a mechanical whale that 'swam' along and swallowed up Jonah

    ReplyDelete
  7. That must have been the biggest salmon ever. Now I'll probably have nightmares about salmon.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day, which shows you how boring my life has become.