Follow

Wednesday, November 18, 2015

WHAT? (or) FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO, LIKE ME, HAVE SOME HEARING LOSS & HAVE TO WATCH TV WITH CLOSED CAPTIONS


Whether the captioning is done by machine or by a live person,
 it is not always exact.
I am often amused & sometimes confused.

It can be misleading when it just remains too long on the screen:


It often can (& does), however, 
give you a new insight into many subjects, such as:

Politics & political figures:


Wondering what the weather will be like tomorrow?:


You wouldn't want to miss these exciting moments in sports:






They make foreign languages clear & understandable:




They will keep you up to date on current events:

They can warn you of impending danger:

There are tips on animal husbandry:

And they even offer cooking hints:

It's true; they seem to offer their own opinions on everything:

If you don't like closed captions, this might work:








I think I should've talked this post over with the voices in my head before running it----fishducky

 













12 comments:

  1. This one was hilarious. It would be hard to pick a favorite but the deaf Pharmacist is up there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very funny, Fran. I've noticed some the the gaffs on these words across the screen, so depending on them would be very disruptive!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're constant--& they can be less than informative!!

      Delete
  3. ROFL! I get some wild and crazy stuff printed into texts when I use the voice activated option, too. Especially when I have this horrible cold--LOL! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd have to admit they seem to be in a language quite similar to the one I speak!!

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. That would probably come out as "Oh deer. Laughing, but oh deer..."!!

      Delete
  5. Thanks Fran, I needed this. Can't wait for baseball season so I can try CC. Didn't know what I was missing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a whole 'nother world out there!!

      Delete
  6. You got some belly laughs from me with this lot. Love the deaf interpreter ad-libbing.
    I don't bother with closed captions, I just turn up the volume.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My problem's not with the volume--it's separating the words!!

      Delete

Your comments make my day, which shows you how boring my life has become.