Follow

Tuesday, December 22, 2015

I BET EVEN GOD ISN'T IMMUNE TO COMPUTER AGGRAVATION




I can't remember who sent me this, but I think it was Susan:


SENIOR TRYING TO SET PASSWORD 

WINDOWS: 
Please enter your new password.
USER: 

cabbage

WINDOWS: 
Sorry, the password must be more than 8 characters.
USER: 
boiled cabbage

WINDOWS: 
Sorry, the password must contain 1 numerical character.
USER: 
1 boiled cabbage

WINDOWS: 
Sorry, the password cannot have blank spaces.
USER: 

50damnboiledcabbages

WINDOWS: 
Sorry, the password must contain at least one upper case character.
USER: 

50DAMNboiledcabbages

WINDOWS: 
Sorry, the password cannot use more than one upper case character consecutively.
USER: 

50damnBoiledCabbagesShovedUpYourAssIfYouDon'tGiveMeAccessNow!

WINDOWS: 
Sorry, the password cannot contain punctuation.
USER:

ReallyPissedOff50DamnBoiledCabbagesShovedUpYourAssIfYouDontGiveMeAccessNow

WINDOWS: 
Sorry, that password is already in use.



































All we really want is something that works & we end up with technology----fishducky

 







14 comments:

  1. Sigh.
    All too familiar.
    And I really, really hate the places that insist on me changing my password - just when I have remembered it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "The computer says I need to upgrade my brain to be compatible with its new software."
    Oh, if only that were possible.
    I haven't forgotten any passwords in quite a while. I have them written down in case, but in a shorthand form so no one else can use them.
    I used to hate the checkout touch screens at work, they demanded I change my password every three months, most annoying and it seemed so useless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've asked Santa for a brain upgrade for Christmas--I sure hope he comes through!!

      Delete
  3. Great post! There is a 3 by 6 inch area on my keyboard with no keys on it. That's where I write all my passwords. Gave up trying to remember them who knows how long ago?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never had a space like that on my keyboard!! Are you sure the keys didn't just fall out?

      Delete
  4. I used to work next to a computer help desk. 80% of all help was resetting passwords.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It becomes harder and harder to remember all those *** passwords. So nice when the sites you seldom visit seem to have a quick way to send you a password reset.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I (probably stupidly) use the same password for everything--if I forget it, I'm DEAD!!

      Delete
  6. All this technology makes some things easier but I fear too much is being lost.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The #1 thing we've lost is closeness!!

      Delete
  7. Lots of cabbagres lol . I have to change my password every Sox months at work

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Another reason I'm glad I don't have a job!!

      Delete

Your comments make my day, which shows you how boring my life has become.