Follow

Friday, January 29, 2016

NOT VERY FAMOUS LAST WORDS



We know that Marie Antoinette said, "Let them eat cake".  Patrick Henry said, "I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!" & that Julius Caesar said, "Et tu, Brute?" but do you suppose anyone ever said these last words?:


I'll get a world record for this. 

It's fireproof. 

He's probably hibernating. 

I'm making a citizen's arrest. 

So, you're a cannibal. 

Are you sure the power is off? 

Yeah, I made the deciding vote on the jury, so what of it? 

I've seen this done on TV. 

These are the good kind of mushrooms. 

Let it down slowly. 

Rat poison only kills rats. 

Just take whatever you want, this is a ghost town. 

It's strong enough to hold both of us. 

This doesn't taste right. 

Nice doggy. 

I've done this before. 

Well, we've made it this far. 

That's odd. 

Don't be so superstitious. 
(source unknown)





































Not my last words, but my favorite words to hear, "Dinner's ready"!!---- fishducky

 


22 comments:

  1. Or "What's this button do?"
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cemeteries would be much more entertaining if those were actually on the tombstones.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. From your mouth to the inscriber's ears!!

      Delete
  3. Old tombstones are pretty succinct---these are inviting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These DO have more information than the regular ones!!

      Delete
  4. Mr (and I am sure it was a mister) no guts, no glory missed out on both.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why did you assume (probably correctly) that it was a man?

      Delete
    2. Probably because every woman I have ever known prefers guts to glory. Perhaps because we (often) get the clean-up when things go wrong.

      Delete
  5. There's a cemetery in Boston with a tombstone that reads: I Told you I was sick!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I googled that & found it's on a lot of tombstones--I also found one that said, "I was only sleeping, you bastards"!!

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Martin, you're welcome, but you don't have to thank me every day!! (But you can if you want!!)

      Delete
  7. We have one of those "I told you I was sick" tombstones in Key West. Loved the "I was only sleeping, you bastards."

    ReplyDelete
  8. Now I'm wondering what my last words might be and if I decide on them now will I remember to utter them as I gasp my last breath?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know , but I figure mine will be, "Wait a minute--I'm not through yet!!"

      Delete
  9. Here in the South, last words are often, "Y'all hold my beer while I give this a try."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Reckon that sounds about right, Bubba!!

      Delete
  10. I kind of think Hick's last words might be, "I know what I'm doing, Val!"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. From what you write about him, that sounds right!!

      Delete
  11. I cackled joyfully upon reading "His last words were 'yes, dear, those jeans make you look fat." That's priceless.

    Have a fun week, Fishducky!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day, which shows you how boring my life has become.