Follow

Monday, March 7, 2016

YOU THINK YOU'RE OLD? TAKE A LOOK AT THESE GUYS!!





Sometimes we people of a certain age
like to stay in our jammies all day.

My Ducky, Carole, sent me this email showing
how it's not just humans that age.
Thank you, Carole (I guess)!!








And, saddest of all, ducks age, too!!


Donald & I were born the same year!!
(All pictures tarusov.com)

The same lovely Carole also sent these:
(I apologize for some of the spacing,
but sometimes Blogger just cannot be reasoned with!!)

12 Famous Stars Over 90 That Are Still Going Strong 

To some stars, age is just a number. 






Betty White 
When it comes to stars over 90, Betty White is probably the most visible example.
As a matter of fact, her career is just as strong in her 90s as it was when she was
in her 30s. Until 2015, she starred in the sitcom 'Hot in Cleveland.' She is also
heavily involved in charity work for animals. 



   


Hal Holbrook
Emmy Award-winning actor Hal Holbrook turned 90 in 2015, but he is still quite active in film, television, and theater. He had a recurring role in the hit show 
'Sons of Anarchy,' and he co-starred in the 2015 film 'Go with Me.'



Eva Marie Saint 

Most people know Eva Marie Saint from films like 'On the Waterfront,' a movie for which she won an Academy Award in 1954,but today's audiences know her for different bodies of work. The actress, who turned 91 in 2015, voiced Katara for the Nickelodeon cartoon 

          'The Legend of Korra' through 2014. She also co-starred in 'Winter's Tale.' 




                                                             Stan Lee
      The legendary Stan Lee is most known for creating comic book legends like 
    Spider-Man, the Hulk, Iron Man, and the Fantastic Four, but he is also a director,                                    actor, producer, editor, publisher, and much more. 
Despite turning 92 in 2015, he is still going strong, making countless appearances in                                      movies and TV shows.  



                                                              Kirk Douglas 
Kirk Douglas does not do too much acting anymore, after a stroke left him unable to speak 
properly, but that does not mean he is sitting at home doing nothing. He has been writing for 
Huffington Post since 2012. He turned 99 in 2015 and is believed to be the oldest blogger ever. 


Doris Day 

Doris Day was an icon during the 1950s and 1960s, both as an actress and singer. She does

not do too much performing anymore, but as of 2015, she is 93 and still going strong. Day is 

heavily involved in animal rescue and has a number of pets herself. She also owns a hotel in

California and is an ordained minister. 







Carl Reiner 
Carl Reiner may have turned 93 in 2015, but his resume is just as full now as it was when 
he was in his prime. The actor, director, writer, producer, and comedian does voice over 
work and makes numerous television and film appearances. Some of his most recent credits 
as of 2015 include 'Hot in Cleveland,' 'American Dad,' and 'Two and a Half Men.' 


Honor Blackman 
Honor Blackman achieved fame in the 1960s for her role in the James Bond film 'Goldfinger ' 
and the TV series 'The Avengers.' Despite turning 90 in 2015, she has not stopped acting. 
In 2015, she appeared on the British sitcom 'You, Me & Them.' She also remains 
outspoken about political issues. 


Olivia de Havilland 
Most people know Olivia de Havilland as Melanie from the movie 'Gone with the Wind.' 
As of 2015, she is the only surviving cast member. She turned 99 in 2015 and while she 
does not act anymore, she still gives interviews, and in 2015, she received a special honor 
at the Cannes Film Festival. 



Angela Lansbury 
It may be hard to believe, but Angela Lansbury turned 90 in 2015. Most people probably know
her from 'Murder She Wrote,' but Lansbury's career has lasted for over seven decades. Most 
recently, she has appeared mostly in theater, winning an Olivier Award for her 2014 appearance
in the play 'Blithe Spirit.'


An older gentleman had an appointment to see the urologist who shared an office with several other doctors. The waiting room was filled with patients. As he approached the receptionist desk he noticed that the receptionist was a large unfriendly woman who more resembled a Sumo wrestler. He gave her his name. In a very loud voice, the receptionist said, "YES, I HAVE YOUR NAME HERE; YOU WANT TO SEE THE DOCTOR ABOUT IMPOTENCE, RIGHT?" 

All the patients in the waiting room snapped their heads around to look at the very embarrassed man. He recovered quickly, and in an equally loud voice replied, "NO, I'VE COME TO INQUIRE ABOUT A SEX CHANGE OPERATION, BUT I DON'T WANT THE SAME DOCTOR THAT DID YOURS." 

Moral of the story... DON'T MESS WITH OLD FOLKS! 





We have to be more careful as we age:

Your body changes:

Fritz Coleman shares some funny thoughts about how you know you’re growing older when certain things begin to happen to your body.  Click here.


                                         


                                         


But older couples can still have fun:




















"With 60 staring me in the face, I have developed inflammation of the sentence structure and a definite hardening of the paragraphs."----James Thurber (& fishducky, although the last time I even saw 60 was 20+ years ago!!)
 









23 comments:

  1. A lot of good things to remember here, for when I get old.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bored, tubby, mild. Ouch. At least one of them is too true for my liking.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I guess I have lots of compliments to excpect as I get older. I just want to be able to keep using my bones. Lol. I think that Daisy Duck is still lovely and like you said Betty White is amazing. Thanks for such a fun post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember having bones that worked!!

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want to be like Betty White when I get old.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is truly amazing how differently we all age. Some is in our attitude, however, so I try to stay positive so I look younger!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A bit shocking to see how good the over 90 set still looks. I loved the videos, especially the bored and mild one. At least I've knocked tubby out of the sentence--for now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think you'll EVER get tubby!!

      Delete
  8. Ha! I lost my buoyancy years ago.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Was that you I saw at the bottom of the pool?

      Delete
  9. You could have added your very own Ode to 73, it is as great as any of these. And what about Cecily Tyson, still so great at 91?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just published an addendum to this post!!

      Delete
  10. I read Kirk Douglas's first autobiography. It was excellent.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  11. I was shocked to recognize a young Angela Lansbury in National Velvet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't know she was in that picture!!

      Delete

Your comments make my day, which shows you how boring my life has become.