Follow

Friday, April 22, 2016

BOOKS THAT MAKE ME SMILE (PART 2)

Bonus post today only
Don't miss
"THE HOTTEST, COLDEST, WETTEST, DRIEST & OTHER -EST PLACES IN THE WORLD
Click on "newer post" at bottom.


To read Part 1, click here.

The majority of this post deals with talking animals--or what they would say if they could talk. However, I just finished reading a very funny non-animal themed book that I know you'll love. It's by that oh, so funny lady, Carol Wyer & it's called "Life Swap".  It's available starting today on Amazon.

                                            
  

Here's my review:

CAROL WYER HAS DONE IT AGAIN!!

I'm sure you're familiar with the saying, "Be careful what you wish for; you might get it."  "Life Swap" is the immensely readable, madcap, somewhat perverse, hysterical and completely delightful story of Simon and Polly who did exactly that--or did they?

Simon and Polly are two very nice people who feel that life has done them wrong. They get an opportunity to swap their lives with more successful individuals when they meet Len and Nick, two irascible demons.

I'm not going to reveal any more of the story because I want you to read it and be just as surprised at the many twists and turns as I was.  Suffice to say, Carol Wyer sure knows how to write a book.  I'd give it six stars if I could!!

To order it on Amazon, click here.
----------------------------------
There are two other books, both published by Publications International, Ltd. 
that gave me a lot of giggles.  
The first is "If Dogs Could Talk" by Joel Zadak.  
Here are a few excerpts from the book:









And the companion book, "If Cats Could Talk" 
written by Michael P. Fertig:









Some videos for you:



                                          




Instead of cartoons, here are some texts
from dogs to their owners:
















And one from the cat:










I think animal testing is a terrible idea; they get nervous and give the wrong answers----Rita Rudner (& fishducky)

 







12 comments:

  1. More bookie temptation.
    I am often glad that the cats DON'T talk English. I don't think I would like a lot of what they say.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've pre-ordered "Life Swap." Thanks! Sounds good.

    Our cats talk all the time. I think they get it from me... The napping, they get from my husband. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't mean to get personal, but are they adopted?

      Delete
  3. Love the messages from "Dog"
    I pre-ordered Life Swap and it popped up in my kindle today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww! Love these. Rally made me miss my African Greys!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never had a bird--it you don't count chicken & turkey!!

      Delete
  5. The messages from Dog reminded me of Cranky and his wife:) Loved the talking animals especially that French cutie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually put those in because they sounded like me & Bud!!

      Delete

Your comments make my day, which shows you how boring my life has become.