Follow

Monday, May 30, 2016

SOMETHING MAY HAVE GONE WRONG HERE, BUT I CAN'T QUITE PUT MY FINGER ON IT



I'm reminded of the movie "Westworld" where a robot says, "Nothing can possibly go wrong-- go wrong-- go wrong…"

Pride comes before a fall. And every now and then, pride also comes before accidentally setting your kids on fire.  My son, Blake, was about 8 years old.  The kids were in their pajamas at the kitchen table.  I had left my cigarettes & lighter on the table.  Blake started playing with my lighter, which both scared & annoyed me.  I grabbed the lighter & we started arguing. He stood there with his arms straight out, as if he were ready for crucifixion.  He was wearing an old terry cloth robe, with its strings hanging down.  I was making a point about the lighter being dangerous & was stupidly waving it (lit) under his arms.  I swear it was at least a foot away, when the threads hanging under his arms caught fire!!  We were able to get the robe off & the fire put out with absolutely no harm to him or anyone else; but I guess I made my point.

Something apparently went wrong in these pictures, too.
See if you can figure out what it was:











 








 (Pictures from BuzzFeed & Giphy. com.)








 


 







18 comments:

  1. Zemblanity is a wonderful word.
    Thank you.
    And lots of winces at the gifs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really cringed when that car went around the truck and straight into another one, but that girl who deliberately put her hair in the mixer bowl deserves her brand new bald spot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Waitress, there's a whole head of hair in my soup!!

      Delete
  3. I wonder where they buried that little dog when he finished his business :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wouldn't search for a pet cemetery on THAT computer!!

      Delete
  4. You caught you on kid on fire? You kill me.
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  5. We are a funny species, as these videos show. Love the guy bowling and not letting go of the ball.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I released it in back of me once--scary!!

      Delete
  6. So that is where my birthday stripper ended up?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry, but we had a WONDERFUL time!!

      Delete
  7. Cringing and wincing...and sometimes just shaking my head. I couldn't believe that person driving the car was stupid enough to fly over two lanes without even looking around that truck!! You see people like this on the road all the time. They think they're playing a video game. So sad!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those people are accidents not even waiting to happen!!

      Delete
  8. What happened to the other guy trying to cross the road? This is better and cheaper than seeing a shrink on your slightly depressed days. Thanks for the laughter.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Replies
    1. I may be wrong, but I think that would smart!!

      Delete

Your comments make my day, which shows you how boring my life has become.